Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

Cardinals acquired QB Kevin Kolb from the Eagles in exchange for CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2012 second-round pick.

Kolb will land a five-year, $63.5 million contract with $21.5 million guaranteed to take over as Arizona's much-needed franchise QB.

3-7 as a starter.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
They have had some success with this in the past. Moss being the most notable.

Yeah, I know, and it really won't cost them much if he fails. He just seems to be of his own breed, way crazier than Moss or anyone else.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
Cardinals acquired QB Kevin Kolb from the Eagles in exchange for CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2012 second-round pick.

Kolb will land a five-year, $63.5 million contract with $21.5 million guaranteed to take over as Arizona's much-needed franchise QB.

3-7 as a starter.

That's a lot of money, but it's damn near impossible to win without a QB nowadays. If you think he's the guy, sometimes you gotta take a chance. Derek Anderson is just awful, who knows about Max Hall.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)

3-7 as a starter.

Way too much money and talent for a mediocre QB.

I'm not really understanding why you guys are down my throat. I'm not freaking out yet, simply a little disappointed that we haven't been as active as we initially thought. There is still obviously a lot of time and a lot of players left on the market. Just a lack of urgency that is a little puzzling. Then again, as you've said, I'd rather have them avoid overpaying guys. Thought I like Rice and Babin nonetheless.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
I'm not really understanding why you guys are down my throat. I'm not freaking out yet, simply a little disappointed that we haven't been as active as we initially thought. There is still obviously a lot of time and a lot of players left on the market. Just a lack of urgency that is a little puzzling. Then again, as you've said, I'd rather have them avoid overpaying guys. Thought I like Rice and Babin nonetheless.

Haha, I was never down your throat my man I just stated my opinion that the Bears route of patience could be effective. I understand your concerns for sure.

I've just seen so many people on twitter, friends of mine, etc freaking out at the inactivity that it's like f*** be patient

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Drake already lobbying to bring him in.

There's simply way too many connections. Martz and Marinelli were in Detroit for his best years, plus, I believe Drake and Williams have some college connections. I wouldn't mind it for the right price. Hopefully Martz could re-ignite the spark.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
There's simply way too many connections. Martz and Marinelli were in Detroit for his best years, plus, I believe Drake and Williams have some college connections. I wouldn't mind it for the right price. Hopefully Martz could re-ignite the spark.

I can't imagine any other team would offer him all that much.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
He's not as good anymore, that's true. But I just think he's a solid anchor in the middle, that knows the few returnees, and that's more important with a shorter offseason like this.

Bingo. What would the drop off look like?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
That's a lot of money, but it's damn near impossible to win without a QB nowadays. If you think he's the guy, sometimes you gotta take a chance. Derek Anderson is just awful, who knows about Max Hall.

On top of that, Arizona is a team that still has some legitimacy to it, with Fitzgerald on the outside. Their defense was awful last year, but in the NFC west, an 8-8 team going to the playoffs would be an improvement.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Bears reached agreement with former Jaguars punter Adam Podlesh on a five-year contract.

5th in the NFL in net punting last year.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't understand why you would guarantee a WR 18 million dollars when Tavaris Jackson is going to be throwing him the ball? Rice has produced in one season and that was with Brett Favre at QB.

Yeah, not happy at all about Tarvaris Jackson. Have to hope Whitehurst beats him out or the Seahawks are in trouble.