Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Ryan Mallet has looked really good tonight for New England.

You wanna talk about the perfect situation for that guy? Belicheck don't take no s*** and he's got years to learn from Brady. IMO, he's in a better situation than Rodgers was in GB. And I fully expect him to be a damn good NFL QB one day if he gets his head on straight.

I've heard some very interesting stories from people that knew him in Ann Arbor.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
You wanna talk about the perfect situation for that guy? Belicheck don't take no s*** and he's got years to learn from Brady. IMO, he's in a better situation than Rodgers was in GB. And I fully expect him to be a damn good NFL QB one day if he gets his head on straight.

I've heard some very interesting stories from people that knew him in Ann Arbor.

Come on man spill it!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)

Mega-douche from what I've heard. A few friends (in high school at the time) ran into him and Jake Long at a local burrito joint, and they both were just really arrogant asses even to the workers at the restaurant.

But then again, I haven't met an athlete that went to UMich that wasn't a horse's ass, including a few past teammates of mine.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Come on man spill it!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Mega-douche from what I've heard. A few friends (in high school at the time) ran into him and Jake Long at a local burrito joint, and they both were just really arrogant asses even to the workers at the restaurant.

But then again, I haven't met an athlete that went to UMich that wasn't a horse's ass, including a few past teammates of mine.

Yeah, let's just say he isn't very shy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)

Absolutely and that kid is oozing talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the best qb in this class.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 06:47 AM)
Absolutely and that kid is oozing talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the best qb in this class.

He's such a f***ing headcase though. He has some growing up to do on and off the field. We'll see how he does when he faces actual pressure in the pocket.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
I jack off to fantasy football mags.

Yeah, but you're married, right? Doesn't really count ;)

Personally, I tried it but never got into it. Edit: the game, not the whacking

I don't begrudge anyone their interests or hobbies, but the biggest thing I hate about fantasy sports is people always droning on about their fantasy sports and assuming that I give a s***. Not saying eveyone's like that, but the only thing worse than an obnoxious parent is an obnoxious fantasy owner.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Yeah, but you're married, right? Doesn't really count ;)

True, and since we're waiting to have kids, she still dishes it out nice and good so I rarely need to whack!

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
I don't begrudge anyone their interests or hobbies, but the biggest thing I hate about fantasy sports is people always droning on about their fantasy sports and assuming that I give a s***. Not saying eveyone's like that, but the only thing worse than an obnoxious parent is an obnoxious fantasy owner.

Maybe if you had a team you could join in the fun!

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
Is that the same as Rosterbating?

/the league

Love that show. Not sure about the addition of Seth Rogan though.

We're copying The League this year by having a live draft with a game board at my buddies place downtown. We're hiring some waitresses to serve us beer and food too. It's gonna be awesome.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
True, and since we're waiting to have kids, she still dishes it out nice and good so I rarely need to whack!

Maybe if you had a team you could join in the fun!

Maybe you're right. Ive been married 13 years and have 2 kids. Lord knows I've got plenty of "down time" and am in need of "fantasy."

Anyway, real or otherwise, I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL. I hope the Bears' O-Line is, too.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
I agree with Stevotown, I basically forgot that Cutler got injured, because injuries are not something that I really dwell on. Bottom line is Cutler got a real X receiver this year and well see what happens.

Knox size was just to much of a detriment for the position that he played. Im pretty sure there is a silly stat about how many of Cutler's picks were thrown to Knox. Just not physical enough.

11 interceptions intended for Knox, most in the NFL.

Probably more than half of those were Knox's fault for various reasons - running the wrong route, quitting on his route, alligator-arming/tipping, not coming back/fighting for the ball, etc. s*** that you'd expect a starting receiver in the NFL to hardly ever do.

This video is long but he goes into pretty much every question mark (btw Your Boy Roy is awesome, and very thorough and objective). Cliff's notes version for people that can't/are too lazy to watch but still want to know what's in the video:

-Defense looks elite, Super Bowl-caliber, as good as or perhaps better than last year

-So far so good on Okoye. The DL looks like it has a lot of depth, and the rotations should be really good. Gholston and Harrison don't appear to be doing much.

-WR corps has a lot of variety and looks impressive compared to last year. Roy Williams is the most consistent so far. Sanzenbacher looks really good out there, catching everything thrown his way (he's gotten longer looks than Fantuz because he's a UDFA they had to evaluate and not necessarily because he's outplaying Fantuz)

-OL is actually looking better: Webb looks really solid and improved over last year, Garza looks decent at C, Louis looks mean and nasty, Carimi is coming along nicely at RT for a rookie. Hard to judge negatives on Webb and Carimi when they are getting skull-f***ed by Peppers in practice (because he does this to everyone), but they won't face a better DL all year either. Chris Williams is the weakest link but has improved since camp started. Spencer is one of the best five and a more natural C than Garza, but probably won't start unless Williams fails since he doesn't know the offense.