Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
geez, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the NFL to take that team away from Al Davis.. what a fool

The league doesn't have that kind of power. He's already beaten them in court on cases where the league tried to exercise power over him.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
geez, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the NFL to take that team away from Al Davis.. what a fool

The biggest problem the NFL faces with Al Davis is that he's undead, so he's going nowhere anytime soon.

Al-Davis-Raiders-2011.jpg

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
The league doesn't have that kind of power. He's already beaten them in court on cases where the league tried to exercise power over him.

I was more just making a comment on how bad the moves the Raiders make are..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
However, the Raiders don't have a 3rd round pick next year, they already traded that away, which means that the picfk they're likely to lose will be a comp pick for Nnamdi

False.. you cant use a supplemental if you don't have the pick to cover it next year.. its a 4th that they don't have..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
And yet, they're on the verge of fielding a competitive team again.

Joke?

They got lucky last year, they are still a poorly run organization that has burned countless top picks on people who could have been had a few rounds later.. they aren't going 6-0 in the division again

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
Joke?

They got lucky last year, they are still a poorly run organization that has burned countless top picks on people who could have been had a few rounds later.. they aren't going 6-0 in the division again

I've suggested to a couple Raiders fans that the best thing for that franchise would be for Al Davis to die. I don't know if there is a Rocky Wirtz waiting in the wings, but simply getting out from under his control would do wonders for that team.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
I've suggested to a couple Raiders fans that the best thing for that franchise would be for Al Davis to die. I don't know if there is a Rocky Wirtz waiting in the wings, but simply getting out from under his control would do wonders for that team.

Sqwert is a big Raiders fan, and he has pretty much said he hopes it will happen soon

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
And yet, they're on the verge of fielding a competitive team again.

And than they fired there coach and replaced him with someone who had no business being a head coach. They lost the top cb in football. Ya, I'm going to say they went backwards this year.

Every team in the AFC West has gotten better really except Oakland. San Diego will bounce back, KC is another year older( but they might regress record wise because of a brutal schedule) and Denver got a huge upgrade in John Fox.