Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF he retired right now? No. Another 5 years of these?

He already owns the record books when it comes to kick returns. Another 5 years of this and he shatters those records by a long shot.

His body of work already justifies the Hall of Fame as long as its assumed KR/PR's have a place in Canton.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
Take someone like Andre Reed who had 88 td in his career. Hester has 26.

Sterling Sharpe had 65 and he was never even nominated for the HOF.

I don't how you put Hester in.

That's like comparing a catchers stats to a 1b, if hester goes in as a kr/pr it's fine.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
Take someone like Andre Reed who had 88 td in his career. Hester has 26.

Sterling Sharpe had 65 and he was never even nominated for the HOF.

I don't how you put Hester in.

How many kickoffs or punts did Reed & Sharpe return?? You might as well compare Mika Mussina & Eric Gagne.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
Lotta big comeback wins/collapses today. Bills/Bengals, Iggles/49ers, Cowboys/Lions.

If it weren't for those 3 comebacks I would have gotten every game picked right in my pick em this week.. :(

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
He's better than Cutler... yes, I said it.

He's clearly better than Cutler. A lot of QB's are better than Cutler though.

The Bears were really fortunate to win today, obviously, with as HORRIBLE as the defense was. Fortunately, as good as Carolina was on offense, they made some critical mistakes in all 3 phases that cost them. It was nice to see Forte run wild like that, but I still think the Bears running game is going to have major issues when they aren't playing last place teams without their two best defensive players.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
doug buffone and ed obradovich is easily the worst postgame radio in the city. its just two old guys repeating "it wasnt like this back when i played" over and over in various different ways.

After a Bears loss, it's the best radio show in the city.

It's like two angrier Ron Santos.

Absolutely hilarious.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 01:59 AM)
He's clearly better than Cutler. A lot of QB's are better than Cutler though.

The Bears were really fortunate to win today, obviously, with as HORRIBLE as the defense was. Fortunately, as good as Carolina was on offense, they made some critical mistakes in all 3 phases that cost them. It was nice to see Forte run wild like that, but I still think the Bears running game is going to have major issues when they aren't playing last place teams without their two best defensive players.

This, IMO, is Martz's "Correction" game. He had one last year, against Carolina conveniently enough. Got too pass h appy, tried to get his QB killed, now needs to refocus on the run, give his O-line a chance to work on the run in game scenarios, try to come out with more balance. Having Barber back ought to really help that run game.

The Bears need to tighten up their defense before the Lions though. No other way to put it. The Lions are somehow going to put 20 points on the board in the 2nd half next Monday...if the Bears have already given up 17, they're going to lose.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
This, IMO, is Martz's "Correction" game. He had one last year, against Carolina conveniently enough. Got too pass h appy, tried to get his QB killed, now needs to refocus on the run, give his O-line a chance to work on the run in game scenarios, try to come out with more balance. Having Barber back ought to really help that run game.

The Bears need to tighten up their defense before the Lions though. No other way to put it. The Lions are somehow going to put 20 points on the board in the 2nd half next Monday...if the Bears have already given up 17, they're going to lose.

People are taking this Martz thing WAY too far. It's pretty simple really. When the Bears can run the ball effectively, they run the ball. When the Bears aren't down in the game, they run the ball. You're not climbing out of a hole by running the ball for a yard here or a yard there. Against NO and GB the running game wasn't getting ANYTHING and they were forced into lots of passing.

Listening to the radio after the game, you'd think the Bears just solidified home field advantage. This is the pro-typical Lovie Smith "win" that keeps getting him contracts. Score a defense TD, make some big plays in special teams play and have your inept offense be JUST good enough. All of it adds up to what looks like an impressive win, but really it was luck against a bad team.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
People are taking this Martz thing WAY too far. It's pretty simple really. When the Bears can run the ball effectively, they run the ball. When the Bears aren't down in the game, they run the ball. You're not climbing out of a hole by running the ball for a yard here or a yard there. Against NO and GB the running game wasn't getting ANYTHING and they were forced into lots of passing.

Forte had 10 carries for 49 yards against NOLA, 4.9 YPC. Yeah, a chunk of those came on 1 big breakaway...but big breakaways count when they happen too!

I'll grant you that the O-line did him no favors against GB...but there's a reason why you don't run directly at BJ Raji. That's a classic "Mix it up" point...even with a broken line, send extra help to try to move him, or just try to hold him in his spot and run away from him.