Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
He was 82. Those things just happen at that age. As I said on Facebook, all of the eulogizing (not that it's happening here) of Al Davis seems almost hypocritical. It was the same thing with George Steinbrenner? Two pieces of crap who wielded absolute power and forced everyone to bend to their will. A jagoff who dies isn't suddenly a good person, just a dead jagoff.

I get what you are saying but it sounds like he was pretty influential & smart back in the 60s & 70s. He got crazy recently, but he had some successful teams and helped form the league we know today. I had no idea.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
I get what you are saying but it sounds like he was pretty influential & smart back in the 60s & 70s. He got crazy recently, but he had some successful teams and helped form the league we know today. I had no idea.

Yeah, he engineered the merger of the AFL and NFL. And he pretty much held every position possible within a football team, from scout to owner

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
Where do they stay? Hilton? Hyatt? Doubletree?

Also, why are you here?

Minneapolis Hilton. The Geological Society of America meeting is at the conference center this week. I'm here through Thursday morning.

This Rodgers fella is pretty good...

It just ain't fair, they go from Favre to Rodgers and actually upgrade the QB position...what I love most of AR is his decision making, hardly ever throws a WTF pass.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
He was 82. Those things just happen at that age. As I said on Facebook, all of the eulogizing (not that it's happening here) of Al Davis seems almost hypocritical. It was the same thing with George Steinbrenner? Two pieces of crap who wielded absolute power and forced everyone to bend to their will. A jagoff who dies isn't suddenly a good person, just a dead jagoff.

I get the feeling that many people around the League are relieved from his passing.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
This Rodgers fella is pretty good...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
He's f***in insane.

How are you two not on NFL Network doing analysis? :lolhitting

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 07:35 AM)
So a receiver has to have possession of the ball when he hits the ground out of bounds for it to be a catch but the ball still only has to break the plane (and can be dropped immediately) to be a touchdown. Huh?

They have that process rule. You have to go through the entire process of the catch, that includes maintaining possession of the ball if you do go down. It fully applies in the end zone, as evidenced by the touchdown taken away from Megatron in the end zone against the Bears.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
ChuckGarfien Chuck Garfien

Tom Brady just threw the first red zone interception at home....of his career!

Is this really true?

Nevermind, I should have kept scrolling.

ESPNStatsInfo ESPN Stats & Info

Tom Brady intercepted by Antonio Cromartie in the endzone to end 1st half...it was Brady's 1st ever Red Zone INT thrown at home (Has 91 TD)

That is insane.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)

Tom Brady intercepted by Antonio Cromartie in the endzone to end 1st half...it was Brady's 1st ever Red Zone INT thrown at home (Has 91 TD)

That is insane.

And it wasn't his fault at all. (his WR dropped the pass/went off his finger tips which popped the ball in the air right to Cromartie)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)

That is insane.

Sadly, it only happened because Aaron Hernandez f***ed up. The pass was spot-on.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
Sadly, it only happened because Aaron Hernandez f***ed up. The pass was spot-on.

Yeah, but did you guys see the camera angle from behind the play? Thing was a thrown hard from very close range and was wobbling...not the easiest of catches...