Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
Bears are just so poorly coached.

15 seconds left and you need 2 scores, the only possible way is to kick the fg, go for the onside kick and have the last play be a hail mary.

And this game is entirely different if they kick a field goal instead of foolishly going for it on 4th down.

Why the hell have Barber on the team If not 4th and 1............Forte sucks on short yardage.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Rock,

But he knows the Oline is bad, its the coaches job to come up with situations to help the weaker parts of the team.

This play calling was just bad, and Martz is Lovies guy.

I dont think you can scheme for that crap. If Carimi was healthy, maybe. 2 seconds is not enough for an NFL QB.

Forte is the more natural running back and with the Bears oline there is a good chance the running back is going to need to win a 1 on 1 battle. At first I thought the Bears were actually clever. It was a close field goal so try and entice Detroit offsides, if you dont get it take the 5 yard penalty. Unfortunately they took a time out, then burned another on a replay. Its just losing your cool under pressure

Rock,

You can have shotgun with max protection (detroit was mainly bringing 4). The bottom line is that you have to protect Cutler, then worry about completing the pass or running a creative route. You cant just hope hes going to have time.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
There is only so much he can do when your O-line is pieced together with guys who wouldnt even be on an NFL roster unless we paid them. I can speed rush Omiyale

Lovie is a defensive guy and defense blows ALL year, not just the OL!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (bulokis @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
Season over! Angelo will not be fired, hence he will be given a contract extension. It sucks rooting for the Bears.

When 2 teams in your own division are 5-0 .........................season is OVA.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
Season over! Angelo will not be fired, hence he will be given a contract extension. It sucks rooting for the Bears.

The Bears are an incredibly poorly run organization. From the stadium to the management, they are missing huge opportunities to be great. They have one of the most loyal fanbases in the world and cannot capitalize.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
The Bears are an incredibly poorly run organization. From the stadium to the management, they are missing huge opportunities to be great. They have one of the most loyal fanbases in the world and cannot capitalize.

They are lowballing Forte and have I believe, 17 million left in cap room and have no plans to extend anyone until end of year so Bears save that money............McCaskey's misers of the midway 101 as usual. No reason not to pay Forte he is the offense without him they are 2-14.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Two reasons:

1) idiotic fans still think Lovie is a good coach

2) idiotic fans continue to go to games and don't hold ownership responsible for putting a s*** team on the field season after season.

Zero accountability. Lucking into an NFC championship game = 3 year extension despite being terrible.

I'd love to hear your argument as to why you don't consider Lovie a good coach because he clearly is. 56% winning percentage, two NFC championship game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance despite having terrible offensive personnel his entire tenure with the Bears.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
I'd love to hear your argument as to why you don't consider Lovie a good coach because he clearly is. 56% winning percentage, two NFC championship game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance despite having terrible offensive personnel his entire tenure with the Bears.l

This is sarcastic, right? I just want to be sure.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
This is sarcastic, right? I just want to be sure.

Nope. I don't think he is a special coach but the Bears have been fairly successful during his tenure here despite having very little offensive talent.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

He doesnt look like an average coach this year.

15 seconds left, its a simple understanding of time and football. If you run a play for a touchdown, lets say it only takes 5 seconds, thats 10 seconds left. An onside kick lets say that takes 3 seconds. Now there is 7 seconds left, you have to throw a hail mary anyway, unless your hoping for a penalty and then kicking a field goal.

Its as if he just wanted to make it close. Not to mention passing on a field goal.

Just bad.

Well that game sucked. The defense can't tackle or stop the run and of course, the o-line can't block. Cutler had a hell of a game today. Omiyale and Webb are the two most useless offensive linemen in all of football. Absolutely f***ing useless.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
I'd love to hear your argument as to why you don't consider Lovie a good coach because he clearly is. 56% winning percentage, two NFC championship game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance despite having terrible offensive personnel his entire tenure with the Bears.

Lovie is a pretty good coach IMO. Far from great, but overall slightly above average. He was TERRIBLE tonight though. A stupid 4th and 1 call, a stupid challenge, 3 timeouts in the 1st quarter (although that was the offense, but it still comes back to the head coach), big plays galore being allowed by his defense specifically designed to stop big plays.

At the end of the day though, this is on Jerry Angelo. This defense is old, bad, and washed up right now. He hasn't done a good enough job infusing young talent on that side of the ball to go with the aging starters. And the offense is just laughable beyond Forte and Cutler. They've played 5 games, and already have NO shot at finishing higher than 3rd in the NFC North and 6th in the NFC as a whole.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
Lovie is a pretty good coach IMO. Far from great, but overall slightly above average. He was TERRIBLE tonight though. A stupid 4th and 1 call, a stupid challenge, 3 timeouts in the 1st quarter (although that was the offense, but it still comes back to teh head coach), big plays galore being allowed by his defense specifically designed to stop big plays.

At the end of the day though, this is on Jerry Angelo. This defense is old, bad, and washed up right now. He hasn't done a good enough job infusing young talent on that side of the ball to go with the aging starters. And the offense is just laughable beyond Forte and Cutler. They've played 5 games, and already have NO shot at finishing higher than 3rd in the NFC North and 6th in the NFC as a whole.

The time management of this team is horrendous. That's always been something that has plagued this coaching staff, especially this season. How many times has Cutler come to the sideline annoyed that he can't get the play off since he doesn't have the play call on time?

And it is on Jerry Angelo. The fact that he couldn't go out and sign some big pieces to the O-line is inexcusable.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)
The time management of this team is horrendous. That's always been something that has plagued this coaching staff, especially this season. How many times has Cutler come to the sideline annoyed that he can't get the play off since he doesn't have the play call on time?

And it is on Jerry Angelo. The fact that he couldn't go out and sign some big pieces to the O-line is inexcusable.

Well, what you mentioned is more on Martz. But Lovie hired him! I loved the coming out to go for it on 4th and 1 (wrong decision), burn a timeout (stupid), STILL make the wrong decision on 4th and 1, predictably get stuffed, then completely waste a challenge/another timeout when he was clearly short sequence. Outstanding.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
Well, what you mentioned is more on Martz. But Lovie hired him! I loved the coming out to go for it on 4th and 1 (wrong decision), burn a timeout (stupid), STILL make the wrong decision on 4th and 1, predictably get stuffed, then completely waste a challenge/another timeout when he was clearly short sequence. Outstanding.

I said the coaching staff as a whole, but yes, that is mostly on Martz.

And yeah, that was signature terrible Lovie.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
Bill Simmons always says this, and it's so true....thousands of teenagers who play Madden are better at managing the clock and score in late game situations than NFL coaches.

I'll never understand why coaches don't kick the fg in that situation but NONE of them do, it makes no f'n sense to me.

Side note, Calvin Johnson is a joy to watch. Poor Bears fans have to deal with the best player in football and the best wr in football in their division for a long time to come.