Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
articles like this are why I want Tebow to fail and to fail hard

The one thing that bugs me about the fact that I agree with you is that except for the Super Bowl abortion ad, he's pretty much kept his mouth shut since finishing at Florida.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
The one thing that bugs me about the fact that I agree with you is that except for the Super Bowl abortion ad, he's pretty much kept his mouth shut since finishing at Florida.

Yeah, wtf. It's not like Tebow contributed at all to this s***ty article. Here's an idea, f***ing ignore ESPN people, since ESPN sucks fat donkey nuts. Tebow made the mistake of... listening to his mother (who brought the idea of that Super Bowl ad up). I don't get the hate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)

Expect for the one commercial he made:

"They said I couldn't play division 1 football" (You were a top 3 QB recruit in the country)

"They said I couldn't win the Heisman" (You were a favorite to win it at the start of the season)

"They said I couldn't play in the NFL" (you were drafted in the 1st round)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
Yeah, wtf. It's not like Tebow contributed at all to this s***ty article. Here's an idea, f***ing ignore ESPN people, since ESPN sucks fat donkey nuts. Tebow made the mistake of... listening to his mother (who brought the idea of that Super Bowl ad up). I don't get the hate.

The hate is not towards the guy, it is towards the hype and the unnecessary religion forced into the conversation EVERY TIME THE GUY PLAYS OR IS ON TV. Keown is talking about parables and verses and bulls*** like that, in the title game Brenneman is talknig about how you are a better person after meeting him. Im just sick of it.

I ignore most of it, but now that he is the starter it is going to be a freight train until the end of the season. Fox, CBS, NBC, ESPN, it will all be the same.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Expect for the one commercial he made:

"They said I couldn't play division 1 football" (You were a top 3 QB recruit in the country)

"They said I couldn't win the Heisman" (You were a favorite to win it at the start of the season)

"They said I couldn't play in the NFL" (you were drafted in the 1st round)

To be fair, a lot of people have been saying he cant play in the NFL despite the first round pick.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)

totally agree.

It's not Tebow's fault that the media cant stop swinging from his nuts. It's not his fault that McDaniel invested his and the Broncos future in him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
The hate is not towards the guy, it is towards the hype and the unnecessary religion forced into the conversation EVERY TIME THE GUY PLAYS OR IS ON TV. Keown is talking about parables and verses and bulls*** like that, in the title game Brenneman is talknig about how you are a better person after meeting him. Im just sick of it.

I ignore most of it, but now that he is the starter it is going to be a freight train until the end of the season. Fox, CBS, NBC, ESPN, it will all be the same.

right, it's the whole tebow movement and having to hear every commentator talk about how amazing a person he is.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
I actually don't blame the Broncos for benching Orton. It's not like they are going anywhere. Might as well get the Tebow mess out of the way. Maybe Tebow will be awful and they will get the 1st overall draft pick.

Seriously...they can't get a 5th rounder for Orton now, when Palmer somehow commands a first? You traded Lloyd for scraps, you're starting Tebow, but you still held onto Orton?

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/bears-talk/...46774761435-915

The door of re-entry opportunity may swing open for Chris Harris sooner than even he expected. Major Wright showed up on the Bears’ injury report with a hip problem, was limited in practice, and Harris is officially the No. 2 strong safety, so he got some work with the starters.

If Wright is back out of the starting lineup, leaving Harris to start alongside Chris Conte, it will be the Bears’ sixth starting safety tandem in seven games.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.

[translation] I suck. [/translation]

Now I am glad he tried to hold the Bears hostage to pay up...

Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.

He has been a shell of the man for 3 years.

Edited by Soxfest

If Harris is actually healthy, I'm not too upset; but I as actually quite pleased with the Conte/Wright combination. I really don't think Harris was healthy for the game or two he back, though.

Also, did anyone else see this story with Marshall Faulk? I can't tell whether he's trying to just talk up Martz, call the Bears really bad (which is mostly warranted), or just say that 99/00 Rams teams were amazing.

Also, I've been toying with this question recently: What's the bigger need in the draft this year -- OL or Safety? Or something else?

Wow, I can't believe how much praise the media is giving him for walking away in the middle of the season. Pro Football Focus had him ranked the 31st best center so far this season, I'm sure that had nothing to do with it either. Way to wear the Captain's "C" Olin.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
Also, I've been toying with this question recently: What's the bigger need in the draft this year -- OL or Safety? Or something else?

Depending on how the Bears' line performs the rest of the year...Omiyale, Lewis, Webb, and Williams is 4 guys who appear to be closing in on starter-quality, all of whom have been drafted in the last 2-3 years. You're not drafting a C in the first round and if you want a first round pick on the line, you have to pick one of those guys who you would be better off with a rookie instead of them.

Depth would help the Bears O line right now...but I still kinda like this set of guys. They need some health and to keep working. Their guards look solid, Webb is still a Q but he did dismantle Jared Allen last time out, and Omiyale we haven't seen in a while.