Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Hey when can we all start calling Suh a dirty player? Is it enough blatant late hits and facemask twisting and not-even-close-to-legal s*** yet? James Harrison doesn't have s*** on Suh, seriously.

I think it's already happened. A lot.

Hey when can we all start calling Suh a dirty player? Is it enough blatant late hits and facemask twisting and not-even-close-to-legal s*** yet? James Harrison doesn't have s*** on Suh, seriously.

I started about 10 minutes into his first game of his rookie season.

I wish MNF would of let Mike Patrick from old Sunday night package keep the announcer job instead of giving it to Mike Tirico. I hate Tirico as a head announcer, he brings nothing to the braodcast.

Edited by Soxfest

I wish MNF would of let Mike Patrick from old Sunday night package keep the announcer job instead of giving it to Mike Tirico. I hate Tirico as a head announcer, he brings nothing to the braodcast.

I've never liked him since I read this ESPN tell-all book several years ago that basically painted him as the poster child for major sexual harrassment.

Maybe too early to begin looking ahead to next year, but in 2012 the NFC North plays both the NFC West and AFC South, who are a combined 43-68 (.387) in non-division games since the start of the 2010 season.

If the NFC North doesn't gobble up both Wildcards in 2012, it will be a massive fail for the division.

From early season impressions, i was thinking our schedule got no easier coming up. But when I looked again this morning I felt a lot better about. Granted, I have no idea what will happen in the nfl. but I consider us to have 5 winnable and 2 toss up games left. Toss ups i consider detroit at home and san diego. Maybe I'm putting too much on one game, but the raiders game looks a lot better now.

Coming off the bye with Bennett and Carimi coming back is huge for the bears. Carimi especially, as it makes Spencer or Louis into a very valuable swingman for the line, and further diminishes any role Omiyale has on the line. Bennett coming back is big for 3rd down conversions, although it probably means less snaps for Sanzenbacher. The defense gets valuable time to rest up as well.

I think the Bears have a very good shot of getting the wildcard at this point. It is in their hands, they need to play solid defense like they have been, and keep feeding the forte beast on offense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
Hopefully that stabalizes things a bit more where we don't need the 8-9 man protections.

It could be tough for him @ Philly on a Monday night for his first game back, he only has about 6 NFL quarters played under his belt.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 09:15 AM)
Coming off the bye with Bennett and Carimi coming back is huge for the bears. Carimi especially, as it makes Spencer or Louis into a very valuable swingman for the line, and further diminishes any role Omiyale has on the line. Bennett coming back is big for 3rd down conversions, although it probably means less snaps for Sanzenbacher. The defense gets valuable time to rest up as well.

I think the Bears have a very good shot of getting the wildcard at this point. It is in their hands, they need to play solid defense like they have been, and keep feeding the forte beast on offense.

I'd much rather have Bennett in there then Sanzenbacher though...Sanzenbacher is nothing special...he just happens to be on a WR core that has nothing special on it either.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
Maybe too early to begin looking ahead to next year, but in 2012 the NFC North plays both the NFC West and AFC South, who are a combined 43-68 (.387) in non-division games since the start of the 2010 season.

If the NFC North doesn't gobble up both Wildcards in 2012, it will be a massive fail for the division.

The NFC East will have something to say about that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
I'd much rather have Bennett in there then Sanzenbacher though...Sanzenbacher is nothing special...he just happens to be on a WR core that has nothing special on it either.

He leads the team in TD receptions and is tied for second in total reception for WR's. He's not exactly dog food. Bennett is obviously missed and Dane should be taking a seat, but I would rather have him there in the slot and put EB on the outside instead of Devin drops alot.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
He leads the team in TD receptions and is tied for second in total reception for WR's. He's not exactly dog food. Bennett is obviously missed and Dane should be taking a seat, but I would rather have him there in the slot and put EB on the outside instead of Devin drops alot.

Yeah, in a passing offense that features Sam Hurd, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester and Roy Williams, some of the time. How could he not? If you look at the options Jay has had, and then consider the amount of times he has dropped back to pass, it's not hard to realize why DS has had the receptions he's had. He's had way too many drops and mistakes IMO.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)

This. This, please.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)

That says more about the quality of the other WRs than it does about Sanzenbacher.