Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

601YDS rushing in 4 games for DeMarco Murray also. I remember when so many so called draft experts were LOL'ing at that pick because of Murray's injury history.

Wonder how many rushing yards he'd have to get to beat Cam Newton for ROY though. Probably 2500. :D

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
i dont think Schwartz fails to control it, i think he encourages it. Wasnt he the DC back when Haynesworth stomped on Andre Gurodes face?

anyhow, great win for the Bears. They have really hit another gear since they lost to Detroit, and all of their deficiencies have been addressed since that game. Im not saying they are perfect, but they are a completely different team than the team we saw before the Tampa game.

It is unfortunate that DJ got that personal foul and ejection. He didnt throw the first punch, but he threw the punch that everyone saw. You have to be more disciplined than that, going after the QB like that is probably going to cost him this week.

They are pretty much a Mike Keenan coached hockey team in football cleats. There was plenty of cheap s***. I was just happy to see the Bears destroy them.

http://www.csnchicago.com/11/14/11/Moore-S...tm_medium=email

Privately last week several Bears flatly said that the Detroit Lions were a dirty team. Not that it’s all that unusual in the NFL to have a number of players who play just beyond the rules or a sense of right and wrong with respect to attempting to injure opponents, but the Lions are just one of those teams.

“There was really a lot of testosterone running out there,” guard Lance Louis said, smiling.

“Everybody was trying to get some of it [sunday night],” said defensive tackle Henry Melton.

So it should perhaps not have been a total surprise, after any number of minor unpleasantries, that the fourth quarter erupted into an outburst of brawling after an interception by cornerback Tim Jennings.

The Bears had intercepted quarterback Matthew Stafford three times already in the second half and Stafford, being blocked by nickel back D.J. Moore, took exception and flung Moore to the ground using only Moore’s facemask.

Moore came up furious and went after Stafford as the benches emptied and multiple fights broke out. Moore was penalized and ejected; Stafford was not reprimanded via penalty flag.

“If you’re going to grab my helmet and threaten my career, I’m going to come after you,” said an unapologetic Moore afterwards. “You have to do something. When you are going after my livelihood, my neck, and you’re trying to hurt me, I just can’t let that go.”

Detroit coach Jim Schwartz saw nothing wrong with Stafford’s actions, apparently because there wasn’t any penalty flag. The league office is very likely to view that differently but Schwartz was defiant Sunday as to any need to visit discipline for his team.

“Discipline for what?” Schwartz demanded. “For their guy getting kicked out of the game? For their guy getting kicked out of the game? Did Matt get penalized? No, Matt did not get penalized.”

Nor did Schwartz apparently have a problem with defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh ripping off Jay Cutler’s helmet at the end of a tackle in the first half, since Suh was not penalized either.

Should Suh be fined? Cutler was asked.

“I don’t know,” Cutler said. “I’ll have to see it on film.” (That would be “yes.”)

Cutler’s teammates do not need to see film.

“That was absolutely [ridiculous],” Melton said, walking gingerly in the locker room and to waiting friends after what he said was a blatant chop block that “didn’t feel good at the time and doesn’t feel good now.”

Expect the NFL to be sending out fine notices later this week.

If the Bears take care of business next week vs the Chargers, who would've predicted the Bears would be 7-3 after 10 games, even more impressive since the schedule wasn't soft by any means...the Bears are playing some good football right now, especially with the addition of Bennet and the O line stepping up and not sucking recently.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
If the Bears take care of business next week vs the Chargers, who would've predicted the Bears would be 7-3 after 10 games, even more impressive since the schedule wasn't soft by any means...the Bears are playing some good football right now, especially with the addition of Bennet and the O line stepping up and not sucking recently.

A lot of people had the Bears at 0-3 out of the gate. I know they are way over what I thought they were going to be doing this year.

the bears are really going to have to collapse to not make the playoffs IMO.

nobody from the west is in the Wild card hunt, which leaves only the Bears, Cowboys, Lions, and Falcons in the hunt for 2 spots

The bears have the tie breaker and a 1 game lead over the falcons (essentially a 2 game lead)

The bears are tied with the Lions (who still have to play GB x2, and @ NO....granted the last game against the pack is week 17 adn the pack may rest guys)

the Bears have a 1 game lead on the cowboys (who still have to play the giants twice)

even if the bears go 3-4 over the last 7 (SD, @OAK, KC, @Den, Sea, @GB, @Minn) they finish 9-7. It would take the lions going 4-3, and one of dallas or atlanta going 5-2 in order for the bears to not make it

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
I don't see the Bears going 3-4. I would bet they finish 10-6 at worst.

exactly....and if they do go 10-6, then the lions would have to beat out the bears, and one of dallas or atlanta will have to 6-1 (unlikely)

you guys need to knock on some wood.

I'll just say this, prior to the eagles game I looked at the schedule. I gave a very conservative estimate of 5 winnable games, 2 toss ups and 2 losses. We've won the toss up and the loss. So I DEFINITELY feel we'll beat vegas.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Bears have 4 straight against the AFC West coming up and then a game against Seattle. This is the easy part of the schedule. Another 4-1 record in the next 5 should get us into the playoffs.

I wouldn't look past San Diego or Oakland. San Diego has enough talent to whoop anyone in any given weak and the Raiders are a very tough, physical football team. They are a solid squad that I expect to get better as Palmer jells a bit. Their rushing attack is fierce.

LOL at the Lions coming off their open week like that. Almost as funny as the Eagles being 3-6.

The Bears schedule lightens, while Detroit still has to face Green Bay twice, and travel to NO.

Hope you enjoyed your Monday night win, Lions fans. That was the high point of your 2011.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
I wouldn't look past San Diego or Oakland. San Diego has enough talent to whoop anyone in any given weak and the Raiders are a very tough, physical football team. They are a solid squad that I expect to get better as Palmer jells a bit. Their rushing attack is fierce.

I agree, I won't take them lightly, i consider them a "toss-up", however, I AM excited about our special teams going upa gainst theirs. They are better than last year, but I'm still excited for it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
Hopefully the Bears finish with a better record so that game is in Chicago, not in Detroit.

I think it will actually be in Green Bay. So both those teams will have to buy tickets.