Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
I have little problem with cocky attitudes, getting press attention, pretending you're an underdog, pretending you're #1 all the time, whatever.

I have a problem with the cheap shots.

The Moore and Cutler helmet attacks were just wrong.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
You know who is a fluke? The Packers. If you take away Rodgers, Mathews, and company, they would be so average.

The Pack are just one Rodgers injury away from being average, their D gives up alot of pts and no way their back up QB comes in and does what Rodgers does...so let's give Rodgers a concussion in the next Bears/Packers game! ;)

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
The Pack are just one Rodgers injury away from being average, their D gives up alot of pts and no way their back up QB comes in and does what Rodgers does...so let's give Rodgers a concussion in the next Bears/Packers game! ;)

I disagree with this.

Flynn has come in a few times and has played quite well. They are certainly not the same without Rodgers (he is outstanding), but the rest of the weapons are still there. Part of the reasons for Rodgers success are certainly the incredible amount of weapons he has and Flynn would be able to take advantage of those (albeit not as skillfully) just as Rodgers does.

I think even without Rodgers, they're still as good as any team I have seen in the NFL this year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
gosox, have you ever seen such polite respect from bears fans as this year. I learned something about myself, personally. I just hated Brett Favre completely. Now that you just have an amazing QB who is reasonably nice and plays beautifully, I really don't hate them. I just want to see them lose.

I hate his dumb belt thing but otherwise have a ton of respect for him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
I disagree with this.

Flynn has come in a few times and has played quite well. They are certainly not the same without Rodgers (he is outstanding), but the rest of the weapons are still there. Part of the reasons for Rodgers success are certainly the incredible amount of weapons he has and Flynn would be able to take advantage of those (albeit not as skillfully) just as Rodgers does.

I think even without Rodgers, they're still as good as any team I have seen in the NFL this year.

They look unbeatable with Rodgers, with Flynn they can be beat, let's not underestimate just how good Rodgers is, he makes plays that not alot of QBs make.

How would it help the Bears if I got pissed at the Packers? I dont like that meathead mentality. I respect Rodgers a lot, the guy is playing at an uber-elite level. The entire offense is in a crazy rhythm, it is hard to deny that. I want the Packers to lose, but getting pissed at them isnt going to make the Bears any better and it wont make the Packers any worse. And the Bears know that they have a date with the Packers at the end of the season, they know it is important even though it probably wont be for first

I wasn't saying you get pissed off, I was saying the Bears should get pissed with the Pack. The two teams play the whole respect game, which doesn't seem to be working for the Bears........however when they get all pissed about the Lions like after they lost to them, look what happened.....all I'm saying is maybe it would help to be a bit agnry with a good team........

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
How would it help the Bears if I got pissed at the Packers? I dont like that meathead mentality. I respect Rodgers a lot, the guy is playing at an uber-elite level. The entire offense is in a crazy rhythm, it is hard to deny that. I want the Packers to lose, but getting pissed at them isnt going to make the Bears any better and it wont make the Packers any worse. And the Bears know that they have a date with the Packers at the end of the season, they know it is important even though it probably wont be for first

I wasn't saying you get pissed off, I was saying the Bears should get pissed with the Pack. The two teams play the whole respect game, which doesn't seem to be working for the Bears........however when they get all pissed about the Lions like after they lost to them, look what happened.....all I'm saying is maybe it would help to be a bit agnry with a good team........

Maybe it's because the lions aren't nearly as good as the packers? Not too mention we actually gave Rodgers his worse game of the season and we kicked his ass in the playoffs just need cutler to show up.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Maybe it's because the lions aren't nearly as good as the packers? Not too mention we actually gave Rodgers his worse game of the season and we kicked his ass in the playoffs just need cutler to show up.

Not sure how being down 14 going into the 4th is kicking anyones ass, but okay.......

We could go back and forth all day long, bottom line is it's going to be 49ers vs. Packers the the NFC Championship......so enjoy the silly fights with the Lions.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)

I love that Rodgers worst game of the season was 73% completion and 3 touchdowns.

That's how you know your having a good year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
I love that Rodgers worst game of the season was 73% completion and 3 touchdowns.

That's how you know your having a good year.

He's having an unreal year.

And considering I always felt bad for him from Draft Day to Favre Watch, I can't hate or dislike the guy.

Matthews though? Don't like him at all.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
Not sure how being down 14 going into the 4th is kicking anyones ass, but okay.......

We could go back and forth all day long, bottom line is it's going to be 49ers vs. Packers the the NFC Championship......so enjoy the silly fights with the Lions.

I hope not, because that sounds like an awful game. I think NO/NYG/CHI would have a fighting chance in Lambeau, but I'm not sure about the 49ers.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)

If you didn't watch the game don't bother talking.