Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
What in the world was Hanie thinking about possibly throwing that ball instead of spiking it?

Seriously, you're not tricking the defense and you're not going to get enough yards that way.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
You're just taking what the defense is giving you then. You can't do that with a minute left and no timeouts.

Then it's going to be picked anyway. Hanie isn't good and the receivers don't fight for the ball.

The game was just like the NFC Championship. It's like "Hey maybe they could win with this guy!". Then reality sets in.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
You're just taking what the defense is giving you then. You can't do that with a minute left and no timeouts.

No. You're hoping to get yourself in position to get a pass interference call near the end zone or break a tackle.

Why are you going to throw into the area the defense is protecting? So you gain no yards? So you throw an interception?

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
What in the world was Hanie thinking about possibly throwing that ball instead of spiking it?

You're hoping they anticipate the clock and you can run free. Unfortunately, none of the receivers understood what he was doing. Just think if Knox would have just taken off down the sideline. I doubt anyone would have reacted quickly enough to catch him.

You're hoping they anticipate the clock and you can run free. Unfortunately, none of the receivers understood what he was doing. Just think if Knox would have just taken off down the sideline. I doubt anyone would have reacted quickly enough to catch him.

Well the offensive line sorta forgot to block. Hanie would've been implanted into the grass before Knox made it 20 yards.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)

Exactly. Sure the execution didnt work out like that and Hanie didnt realize if he doesnt spike it right away he cant spike it, but in all honesty the slight chance of catching the defense slipping and getting the ball in either Knox or Hesters (not sure if he was even out there) would have been by far the best chance to break a big play.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Well the offensive line sorta forgot to block. Hanie would've been implanted into the grass before Knox made it 20 yards.

What? He sat back there and waited a second or two and no one was even moving. Go back and watch the play.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
When are people going to start giving the Broncos defense some credit? They have played incredible football lately.

The problem is that people are giving Tebow all the credit.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
That's a play you do at the end of the first half or with 1 minute left, not with 3 seconds left. If you have one play left, you make sure everyone knows what the f*** is going on.

Well that's the issue here...he was not aware of that rule, obviously.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
The problem is that people are giving Tebow all the credit.

No, they're not. Anyone who knows more than a little about football is acknowledging that the turnaround is due to their defense.

That being said, there is something to not turning the ball over...and controlling the clock...and being able to make one or two big plays when they are most needed, that has made this defense have confidence in Tebow.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
Yeah, it was an ugly loss, but the Bears with Hanie are good enough to beat KC, DEN, SEA, and MIN, and even if they lose one of those four they're still 10-6 and that's good enough.

Denver is an L, in my opinion

Seriously though re: #13... for every big play he makes (not counting returns) he blows 2 easy ones. I think that ratio held pretty close today, actually. I try really, really hard to like Knox but I can't get that excited about him.

Then I always get lectured by the "true fans never talk s***" crowd when I point out that a tipped pass by Knox on 3rd down into a DB's arms was really really bad, that gets pretty old. Or, you know, falling down while the ball is in the air leading to an interception. "s*** happens" yes, but it happens to Knox more than any other WR. He is held to the same standards any other WR should be held to.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
No, they're not. Anyone who knows more than a little about football is acknowledging that the turnaround is due to their defense.

That being said, there is something to not turning the ball over...and controlling the clock...and being able to make one or two big plays when they are most needed, that has made this defense have confidence in Tebow.

When I mean people, I mean ESPN.