Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
So is Hanie that weak-armed or is Cutler just that amazingly strong-armed? I swear all of his interceptions were throws Jay makes in his sleep.

And all of those Knox drops are catches that Earl Bennett makes blindfolded.

It really bothers me that Knox has become Hanie's security blanket. He is totally unreliable

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
What is it about 2nd and shorts in the red zone and Caleb Hanie as QB that causes mike martz to run the most assinine plays that have such a small chance at succeeding?

Its just Martz in the red zone, period. He just out thinks himself.

We just have Cutler who can play over Martz making bad calls

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
Its just Martz in the red zone, period. He just out thinks himself.

We just have Cutler who can play over Martz making bad calls

It was clearly a bad call with Hanie at qb...he's not accustomed to making reads on screen plays. If you noticed late in the game, right before that long td to Knox, he threw another screen to Forte where Matt got blasted about 1/4 of a second after Hanie threw it to him (and he threw it at him quite hard, I might add...it was a heck of a play for Matt just to catch the ball, let alone hang on to it). It's actually a very nice little play and one I was quite surprised the Raiders were ready for, especially with Hanie in there.

But I agree, should have handed it off to Barber once or twice there, instead of trying to get all fancy.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)
It was clearly a bad call with Hanie at qb...he's not accustomed to making reads on screen plays. If you noticed late in the game, right before that long td to Knox, he threw another screen to Forte where Matt got blasted about 1/4 of a second after Hanie threw it to him (and he threw it at him quite hard, I might add...it was a heck of a play for Matt just to catch the ball, let alone hang on to it). It's actually a very nice little play and one I was quite surprised the Raiders were ready for, especially with Hanie in there.

But I agree, should have handed it off to Barber once or twice there, instead of trying to get all fancy.

I don't buy that it even could work. you have a very short field, and you have a play that takes a long time to develop, and will still begin in the backfield. As soon as it begins the safeties and LBs at least know they don't have to stay back. It was 2nd and 1, our starting QB is out, this is when you say "hey, we have 2 really good RBs and a time out, lets get the first"

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
I don't buy that it even could work. you have a very short field, and you have a play that takes a long time to develop, and will still begin in the backfield. As soon as it begins the safeties and LBs at least know they don't have to stay back. It was 2nd and 1, our starting QB is out, this is when you say "hey, we have 2 really good RBs and a time out, lets get the first"

It's worked before...honestly, we've probably run it a few too many times now and that's why the Raiders saw it coming.

Should have handed the ball to Barber, absolutely...but I am sure that's what Martz was expecting their defense to be looking for...a run to get the first down.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
Suh has been suspended 2 games without pay.

Bummer. He misses the Saints game, which the Lions would probably lose anyway, & the Vikings game which is probably a W even without him. 3 games would have been nice so he misses the game in Oakland, which is a toss-up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
Say the Lions totally crash and burn down the stretch and go 0-fer. Does Schwartz go on the hotseat next season? Or even this offseason?

If they go 0-fer than yes. He will be on the hotseat all next year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
Say the Lions totally crash and burn down the stretch and go 0-fer. Does Schwartz go on the hotseat next season? Or even this offseason?

Nah...they've made pretty good progress as an organization with Schwartz as the head coach...they're not going to fire him because they ran out of gas and hit a tough part of their schedule towards the end of the year.

They've had too many seasons of losing to give up on Schwartz now, who has seemingly turned that around finally (obviously with the help of some great young players) to give up on him so quickly.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
Del Rio got the axe...about 4 years later than he should have, but oh well. Black hole franchise.

And the Jags are being sold to a Pakistani businessman from Urbana, UIUC grad. He had tried to buy the Rams 2 years ago, says he will keep the team in JAX.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
And the Jags are being sold to a Pakistani businessman from Urbana, UIUC grad. He had tried to buy the Rams 2 years ago, says he will keep the team in JAX.

he will probably pull a stunt like the Oklahoma City Thunder did to Seattle. give the city an ultimatum that is very hard to meet, then say "look at this new facility they are offering in LA...... see ya"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
he will probably pull a stunt like the Oklahoma City Thunder did to Seattle. give the city an ultimatum that is very hard to meet, then say "look at this new facility they are offering in LA...... see ya"

Which absolutely should happen. Nobody in jax will even notice. The 2nd largest market in the country without a football team is a joke.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
Which absolutely should happen. Nobody in jax will even notice. The 2nd largest market in the country without a football team is a joke.

LA has nobody to blame but themselves for not having a football team. When people didnt come, teams moved