Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
Packers clinch a playoff berth with a win over the Giants on Sunday.

Green Bay clinches NFC North division with: GB win + DET loss or tie OR GB tie + CHI loss or tie + DET loss OR CHI loss + DET loss.

I think GB clinched it the moment Cutler broke his thumb and Suh stomped on a guy's arm.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
I think they clinched it around week 5.

To be honest, I think they clinched it the week the Bears beat the Lions. At that point, everyone in the division other than the Packers had three losses.

Huge game for the Bears this week. I know all of them are huge at this point, but I think it's key to get Hanie some confidence, get a win under his belt, so he knows he can win playing QB in this League.

That will set up the matchup of the century against the Almighty Tebow...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
To be honest, I think they clinched it the week the Bears beat the Lions. At that point, everyone in the division other than the Packers had three losses.

Huge game for the Bears this week. I know all of them are huge at this point, but I think it's key to get Hanie some confidence, get a win under his belt, so he knows he can win playing QB in this League.

That will set up the matchup of the century against the Almighty Tebow...

I don't know how the Bears could lose Sunday. Hanie would have to throw 4 picks.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
Packers clinch a playoff berth with a win over the Giants on Sunday.

Green Bay clinches NFC North division with: GB win + DET loss or tie OR GB tie + CHI loss or tie + DET loss OR CHI loss + DET loss.

I could do without the constant Green Bay Packers updates, yeah, I heard they were pretty good :cheers

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
I don't know how the Bears could lose Sunday. Hanie would have to throw 4 picks.

Easily. The Chiefs damn near beat the Steelers. Anything can happen in the game of football and we have a QB making his 2nd career start. Luckily they might have one making his 3rd career start.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Easily. The Chiefs damn near beat the Steelers. Anything can happen in the game of football and we have a QB making his 2nd career start. Luckily they might have one making his 3rd career start.

Steelers also played awful on offense, on the road. Never good.

Bears being at home should win, but yeah anything can happen.

From Rotoworld:

Bears OC Mike Martz is reportedly interested in the head-coaching vacancy at Arizona State.

Martz spent nine seasons as the Sun Devils' QBs/WRs coach (1983, 1986-87) and offensive coordinator (1984, 1988-91). He's in the final year of his contract with the Bears, having rejected an extension last offseason. Martz's 2012 exit wouldn't be bad news for the Bears fantasy options other than teacher's pet Roy Williams, who wouldn't be invited back.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
From Rotoworld:

Bears OC Mike Martz is reportedly interested in the head-coaching vacancy at Arizona State.

Martz spent nine seasons as the Sun Devils' QBs/WRs coach (1983, 1986-87) and offensive coordinator (1984, 1988-91). He's in the final year of his contract with the Bears, having rejected an extension last offseason. Martz's 2012 exit wouldn't be bad news for the Bears fantasy options other than teacher's pet Roy Williams, who wouldn't be invited back.

Im not looking forward to the next OC search charade, but it is looking like time for a clean break for both parties

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Im not looking forward to the next OC search charade, but it is looking like time for a clean break for both parties

Knowing the Bears franchise I'd imagine that Mike Tice would become our next OC. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
yea baby, here comes the Roy Ratio

I know that's a joke, but I think Tice would be a good OC. We just never gave martz the personnel he needed to succeed, basically only 1 team in history has... and Tice would be a much better fit.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
I know that's a joke, but I think Tice would be a good OC. We just never gave martz the personnel he needed to succeed, basically only 1 team in history has... and Tice would be a much better fit.

I dont know that Tice would be a good OC, he has really only been an offensive line coach and head coach his entire career. And if the personnel that Martz needs to succeed is all HOF-worthy offensive players, then thats just too bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
I dont know that Tice would be a good OC, he has really only been an offensive line coach and head coach his entire career. And if the personnel that Martz needs to succeed is all HOF-worthy offensive players, then thats just too bad.

I am not a martz fan, but clearly more than 1 receiver that can run a route AND catch the ball, would be more ideal for that offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
I am not a martz fan, but clearly more than 1 receiver that can run a route AND catch the ball, would be more ideal for that offense.

I understand the personnel is not the best in the WR department, but we see many examples week in week out where he totally outsmarts himself and goes away from the true weapon of the offense, his running backs. He ran Forte 12 times and Barber 10 times against Oakland. If the quarterback is rattled and throwing stupid interceptions, and as you say the wide receivers suck, then why run a pass happy offense? And it isn't as if this is the first time he pulled that s*** and it cost the Bears.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
I understand the personnel is not the best in the WR department, but we see many examples week in week out where he totally outsmarts himself and goes away from the true weapon of the offense, his running backs. He ran Forte 12 times and Barber 10 times against Oakland. If the quarterback is rattled and throwing stupid interceptions, and as you say the wide receivers suck, then why run a pass happy offense? And it isn't as if this is the first time he pulled that s*** and it cost the Bears.

Right, but a pass happy offense would be fine on a different team. When he's reigned in, I think he does a pretty good job. But that said, Tice knows a lot about blocking schemes and has been a HC before, I see no reason why he couldn't do better focusing just on offense.