Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
The question really for the Bears is if they want McNabb even as a back up. The Cowboys dont want McNabb to start, they just dont want to only have Kitna if Romo goes down.

Yup, McNabb wouldnt replace Hanie, he would only be a backup. If they picked him up, it would mean Josh McNown has been awful in practice, and you can't trust Nathan Enderle to get you in the playoffs.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MAX @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:38 AM)
He had a ton of attempts in two of those weeks. Not an impressive avg.

Truth but there isn't a guy right now who gets more out of nothing than him, he turns a negative into a positive a lot. Not to mention that one of those games was against the Ravens as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
ESPNChicago ESPNChicago

Earl Bennett @EBBennett80 signs a 4-year extension with the Bears according to @ESPNChiBears #Bears

Forte with a slow clap in the corner of the room

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,5433254.story

Smith puts brakes on McNabb speculation

The chances of the Bears pursuing Donovan McNabb seem slim.

Bears coach Lovie Smith declined to discuss whether the team would put in a waiver claim for McNabb. But Smith made his thoughts clear about his current quarterback situation.

"I like our quarterbacks we have here right now," Smith said."I'm not going to start talking about guys from the outside. That should be enough for you. We have three quarterbacks here. We like them. We're anxious to play Kansas City this week."

Caleb Hanie is set to start his second game with veteran Josh McCown and rookie Nathan Enderle behind.

In other news, nose tackle Anthony Adams is doubtful for Sunday's game with a back injury. Nickel back D.J. Moore won't play as his left ankle continues to heal, although he's listed as questionable.

[email protected]

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Yeah they are happy with their QBs that's why they were going to try for Orton....

At the time they tried for Orton, they didn't have McCown, and thus Lovie's statement that "We have three quarterbacks" now would not have been applicable then.

Also probably means...well, they'd put McCown > McNabb. And I'm not sure they'd be wrong about that.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Yeah they are happy with their QBs that's why they were going to try for Orton....

I believe you can read that as "happy enough with our QBs that we'll pass on Donovan McNabb who is completely done as an NFL starting QB and doesn't realize it and thus is a pain in the ass to have on the bench."