Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

So Tebow can't complete a pass the entire game and the Bears decide it is a good idea to start using 10 yard cushions and not covering the running back and give up 10 yard gains every play. Brilliant. And even with the stupid defensive play calling if Marion Barber doesn't have one of the greatest choke jobs in sports history the Bears still win.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
If we have our real QB and our real RB in there. We win this game in convincing fashion. We have the replacement players out there, and we have to deal with the Tim Tebow cock suck fest.

God injured the Bears players. I don't think there is another explanation.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
This guy is so awful how does this crap keep happening?

It happens because Lovie decided to try the kneeldown offense with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter because they dont trust Hanie enough to throw the ball.

f***ing ridiculous, I didnt think the Bears were going to win any playoff games, but the last three losses have been an absolute embarrassment

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
This guy is so awful how does this crap keep happening?

Because:

1. He is going up against teams with s***ty offenses. With the Denver D, he only needs to find a way to score 13-17 points to win.

2. When facing a good defense, those defenses for whatever reason decide to play soft and give a guy who is sucking a chance to make weird things happen.

Tebow will most likely be facing the Steelers/Ravens in the first round of the playoffs. That will be an easy win for those teams.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
It happens because Lovie decided to try the kneeldown offense with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter because they dont trust Hanie enough to throw the ball.

f***ing ridiculous, I didnt think the Bears were going to win any playoff games, but the last three losses have been an absolute embarrassment

The kneeldown offense works if Marion Barber isn't a f***ing moron who should be cut for his stupidity.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
The kneeldown offense works if Marion Barber isn't a f***ing moron who should be cut for his stupidity.

Yeah, but with 8 minutes left? They gave the Broncos 5 extra chances to put points on the board because they just handed the ball off three times and out. the Barber decision was ridiculous I agree, but come the f*** on, if you cant trust Hanie to throw the ball once with 8 minutes left in the game then something is seriously wrong

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
It was a rhetorical question guys, I understand how it happens, I just don't understand how it happens...

Im just using your rhetorical question to blow off steam.

So thank you :)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
Yeah, but with 8 minutes left? They gave the Broncos 5 extra chances to put points on the board because they just handed the ball off three times and out. the Barber decision was ridiculous I agree, but come the f*** on, if you cant trust Hanie to throw the ball once with 8 minutes left in the game then something is seriously wrong

Yes. Something is seriously wrong. The Bears know that something is seriously wrong and tried to run the clock out.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
Yes. Something is seriously wrong. The Bears know that something is seriously wrong and tried to run the clock out.

I guess I dont agree with going that conservative so early in the quarter. I know Hanie sucks, but obviously Tebow has followed this exact same blueprint multiple times this season and he did it again because he was given the chance

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
I guess I dont agree with going that conservative so early in the quarter. I know Hanie sucks, but obviously Tebow has followed this exact same blueprint multiple times this season and he did it again because he was given the chance

But that game plan would have won the game had Barber executed. I would have rather they throw and get a first down too, but if Hanie throws a pick, everyone is blaming Lovie.

I don't think I've ever been this mad over a Bear's loss. Probably because it will be talked about nationally for the whole week.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)

But the plan works if barber doesn't go out of bounds for no reason.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
But that game plan would have won the game had Barber executed. I would have rather they throw and get a first down too, but if Hanie throws a pick, everyone is blaming Lovie.

so frustrating. No good outcomes of any options

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
But the plan works if barber doesn't go out of bounds for no reason.

This.

The kneeldown offense was the right call. Hanie can't play the position and has provided no evidence to the contrary. Our defense had put up a goose egg and was dominant all day long (despite never getting a holding call!). We should have won the game. Barber made two horrible mistakes. Prater rocked a 59 yarder to tie the game and a chip shot 51 yarder to win the game. Barber mistakes, Prater leg, a sprinkling of Tebow play making = we lose.