Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 05:54 AM)
I wonder what kind of a reception Tebow would be receiving if he wasn't a Christian. I am trying to think of an athlete in my time that so many people want to see fail.

I honestly believe that if Tebow wasnt so out spoken he'd be reported as just a lucky below average QB. But because of his polarizing nature, he's a miracle worker. So many of these "miracles" had very little to do with Tebow. The Broncos won yesterday in spite of him, not because of him. If Barber stays in bounds, Tebows miracle run is over.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
The point is that you choose the plan of action that carries the highest probability of winning the game.

Knowing that the Bears are 100% running the ball, getting a first down is very unlikely. Just downing the ball and running the clock down leaves less of a chance of Denver scoring than running plays where a turnover or clock stoppage could happen.

If Barber doesn't run out of bounds or fumble they win the game. That's a pretty high probability of winning with the added benefit of a getting a first down without having to give the ball back.

I guarantee if they took knees then had the punt blocked and lost the game you'd be complaining that they didn't try for a first down.

I guarantee if they took knees then had the punt blocked and lost the game you'd be complaining that they didn't try for a first down.

No. If they lost the game with 20 seconds left on the 20 yard line, that's clearly on the defense and not the strategy.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
Cutler is a good QB, but I wouldn't call him insanely good.

He's an insanely good QB. I'm sorry he doesn't meet the Aaron Rodgers approved level of insanity, but Cutler is a top 5 QB if he can ever stay healthy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
He's an insanely good QB. I'm sorry he doesn't meet the Aaron Rodgers approved level of insanity, but Cutler is a top 5 QB if he can ever stay healthy.

He is very good and was playing at close to a pro bowl level this year but it debatable whether he is a top 5 QB. I think everyone will agree that Rodgers, Brady and Brees are the top 3 and then there are probably about 7 or 8 QBs you can make a case for as being the next best.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
He is very good and was playing at close to a pro bowl level this year but it debatable whether he is a top 5 QB. I think everyone will agree that Rodgers, Brady and Brees are the top 3 and then there are probably about 7 or 8 QBs you can make a case for as being the next best.

You forgot about Tebow

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
So what do people think was the most amazing of Tim Tebow’s many amazing plays today?

Tebow kicking a 59-yard field goal

Tebow ordering the Bears secondary to play no particular attention to sideline routes late in the 4th quarter against a team trailing by a touchdown with no timeouts

Tebow forcing Marion Barber to run out of bounds when staying in bounds would have effectively ended the game

Tebow forcing a Marion Barber fumble

Tebow kicking a 51-yard field goal

So many candidates!

Yes

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)

If you adjust for supporting cast, Cutler is definitely a top 5 QB. Would Rodgers be an all pro playing on the Bears?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
All pro yes, greatest QB season ever? No

Aren't there two QBs that usually make AP All pro? The first team and second team? If so, you believe that Rodgers, on the Bears, would make one of those teams over Brady or Brees this year?

Packers fans need to realize the type of talent we have at receiver. Jordy Nelson is a better WR than anything we have. Greg Jennings is a better receiver than anything we have. Hell, the ancient Donald Driver is probably better than anything we have. Jermichael Finley, the tight end, is a better receiver than anything we have.

Now take into account the Bears play a very different offense than the Packers. There is absolutely no way Rodgers is an all pro with the bears.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
Aren't there two QBs that usually make AP All pro? The first team and second team? If so, you believe that Rodgers, on the Bears, would make one of those teams over Brady or Brees this year?

Packers fans need to realize the type of talent we have at receiver. Jordy Nelson is a better WR than anything we have. Greg Jennings is a better receiver than anything we have. Hell, the ancient Donald Driver is probably better than anything we have. Jermichael Finley, the tight end, is a better receiver than anything we have.

Now take into account the Bears play a very different offense than the Packers. There is absolutely no way Rodgers is an all pro with the bears.

So Aaron Rodgers isn't that good? He just has really good WR.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
The Chiefs have scored 3 TD in their last 6 games. One of those was just a lucky play.

Without Cassel, with Tyler Palko at QB, with Jamaal Charles out IIRC, with half their team destroyed in the first 2 weeks due to other injuries, I thought winning any games this year was impressive for them.