Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 24, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Nothing? If they win next week, they're in. If anything, they've got EVERYTHING to play for.

But being a Cowboys fan, I have little confidence that they get it done.

I meant nothing to play for in that game vs. the Eagles.

And yeah, I have no faith in this defense. Hope Romo's hand is better because this offense needs to bail out our D.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow AP has a torn MCL and ACL. His career as a dominant runner might be over.

AdamSchefter: News is even worse. RT @JosinaAnderson: Source just confirmed both Adrian Peterson's MCL and ACL are torn.
Edited by chw42

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 24, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
Trent Richardson with the #3 pick? Or does Luck fall in their lap if Indy passes on him? Man, they got a lot of holes.

I sincerely hope that Luck does not go to Minnesota.

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
you'd think he'll have a job next year as at least a backup

Makes me think a move should have been made 2-3 weeks ago. All the Bears really needed was a game manager who can make the occasional throw. Hanie just turned the ball over far too many times and couldn't make a 3rd down throw to save his life.

I wouldn't be that mad if McCown is the backup next season.

McCown wasn't great, but he passed the eye test as an NFL caliber quarterback. He made plays, threw some accurate passes and didn't look scared to be there. He converted 6/12 on third downs and moved the offense. McCown's success 4 weeks removed from coaching HS football is an indictment against Hanie/Angelo/Martz for not being prepared for Cutler's injury.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Makes me think a move should have been made 2-3 weeks ago. All the Bears really needed was a game manager who can make the occasional throw. Hanie just turned the ball over far too many times and couldn't make a 3rd down throw to save his life.

I wouldn't be that mad if McCown is the backup next season.

Yeah, but I for one, will be honest and admit I would have been furious had they gone to McCown at any point other than maybe last week. I was pleasantly surprised he played this well, but admit I didn't even want him starting this week. I would have gone with Enderle before McCown.

I am sure this opinion will be unpopular, but I almost like Bell as much as Forte, to be honest. He's looked solid at all phases nearly every time he's been given an opportunity.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Yeah, but I for one, will be honest and admit I would have been furious had they gone to McCown at any point other than maybe last week. I was pleasantly surprised he played this well, but admit I didn't even want him starting this week. I would have gone with Enderle before McCown.

I am sure this opinion will be unpopular, but I almost like Bell as much as Forte, to be honest. He's looked solid at all phases nearly every time he's been given an opportunity.

I liked Bell yesterday, but he was putting the ball on the ground too much

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
I liked Bell yesterday, but he was putting the ball on the ground too much

That's true...that would be something he'd have to clean up...I don't remember that being a consistent issue with him in the past though.