Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 12:00 AM)
Bengals

Steelers

Falcons

Saints

Bengals

Steelers

Packers

Niners

Steelers

Packers

Packers

That's how the playoffs are going to go, write that down.

What if the Steelers and Bengals split their apparent series? :cheers

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 12:34 AM)
Giants gave us so many opportunities in that half, and yet we still couldn't come up with the goods.

Spencer, Newman, James and Brooking will all be gone for sure. Need upgrades on the interior line, outside linebacker and BADLY in the secondary, especially at CB.

Oh and Smith and Free need to swap positions.

Really, you think Spencer will be gone? I actually like Spencer, I think he does a fine job, but yeah, the rest of them need to go. Especially Scandrick, I can't stand him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 02:00 AM)
Bengals

Steelers

Falcons

Saints

Bengals

Steelers

Packers

Niners

Steelers

Packers

Packers

That's how the playoffs are going to go, write that down.

I picked it at the beginning of the season, and I'm sticking with it....

49ers over Ravens for the Supabowl.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)
Really, you think Spencer will be gone? I actually like Spencer, I think he does a fine job, but yeah, the rest of them need to go. Especially Scandrick, I can't stand him.

I think he's fine as a run stopper, but they need more of a pass rushing threat from the OLB spot opposite Ware.

I think the Cowboys will probably go after Asante Samuel if he's let go from Philly, and then draft a 3-4 DE or OLB with their 1st rounder in the draft depending on who's available at 14.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
IMO, the NFC team with the best chance to knock off the Pack are the Saints.They'll put up a ton of points on GB's defense, even in Lambeau.

The last time they played outside, it was a 50-60 degree sunny day in Tennessee, and they only put up 22.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
System quarterbacks don't lead the NFL in touchdown passes thrown outside the pocket.

They do when lots of the plays call for rollouts... And he isn't strictly a system QB. That's an exaggeration, but I think it showed just how helpful the system and weapons are to a QB. Matt Flynn just put up, arguably, the best game in Packers history. Against a 10 win playoff team that was playing for seeding.

A few weeks back people were making the argument that the Packers would be bad without Rodgers. Something like 8-6 at best (at the time). I think, or at least hope, that those people can realize that the Packers are much more than just Rodgers. He's surrounded by great talent and outstanding coaching. It's a plug-and-play type system. Would the Packers be 15-1? Probably not, but they more than likely still have 10+ wins.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 12:22 AM)
Which probably takes us out of the range to take David DeCastro. Disgusting. That potential pick was going to my silver lining of this bears season, but he will almost definitely be gone by then.

Here's to hoping he gets caught with pot the week before the draft and he falls to 19th so that we can still take him.

I think we end up with Michael Floyd still.

I think the Giants will be the sleeper in the playoffs this season. Their offense is suited for any weather condition, they can run it tough with bradshaw and Jacobs, and they can throw it around with Hicks and Cruz(as well as Pascoe). And their defense has been beasting the past couple weeks. If anyone is to be feared, the Giants have to be right there with them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
I think the Giants will be the sleeper in the playoffs this season. Their offense is suited for any weather condition, they can run it tough with bradshaw and Jacobs, and they can throw it around with Hicks and Cruz(as well as Pascoe). And their defense has been beasting the past couple weeks. If anyone is to be feared, the Giants have to be right there with them.

Their D-ends would scare everyone. Umenyiora, Tuck, and Pierre-Paul. The Chiefs showed that the way to slow down GB is to get tons of pressure on Rodgers, and those 3 guys can easily wreak havoc.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
Their D-ends would scare everyone. Umenyiora, Tuck, and Pierre-Paul. The Chiefs showed that the way to slow down GB is to get tons of pressure on Rodgers, and those 3 guys can easily wreak havoc.

That would work against any offense in the league;)

I liked Green Bay better last year, it may sound crazy but they were better at 10-6 than this year's 15-1 team.They were better balanced, really good offense with a really good D, this year they have a great offense with a D that gives up a lot of points.

They can certainly win it all again this year but you can score on their D, stopping them enough to beat them will be the problem.