Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
Wow!!! Did not see that coming. Wonder if Lovie stays.

Most likely he just became lame duck like Jauron did when Angelo came on. Lovie better hope that the new GM doesnt set him up to fail like Angelo did to Jauron

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)
I think you would have heard them both announced as gone if Lovie was going to bite it.

Nothing has been announced. Sounds like this is just breaking from Mully's sources.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)
Doubtful. No GM is coming without bringing his own people.

Angelo did...

I find it hard to fire Lovie over this mess...he did what he was supposed to do...he had them headed for the playoffs with the roster that was given to him. I don't know what exactly Lovie thought of Caleb, but my guess is ultimately was Angelo's call.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
the Bears dont pay people to go away very often. I doubt they do it for Angelo and Lovie

Yeah. Frankly I don't think Lovie is a problem so I don't care. Actually it wouldn't surprise me that the bears target the Polians who probably like Lovie.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Yeah. Frankly I don't think Lovie is a problem so I don't care. Actually it wouldn't surprise me that the bears target the Polians who probably like Lovie.

That is an interesting thought. I wonder if this was done because the Polians were fired in Indy?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Are the bears going to hire bill polian and a fisher? Or are they going after cowher? Would love stay?

I have no idea what the bears plan is now and am curious to see what happens.

It's a great day!! I think Lovie gets a bad rap and is still a pretty solid coach, but Fisher/Cowher are two all-time greats. Wonder if Cowher would want to be the GM?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:24 AM)
Wonder if Phillips was canned as well........

George McCaskey......a new Rocky Wirtz........

I think Lovie does a nice job would liek ot remove all personnel decisions from him

I think it was Martz(Lovie) v Angelo wiht Angelo having no leg to stand on

I'd be surprised and a little disappointed if Phillips is gone; I think he's more a bean counter and adminsitrator than a talent guy.

And perhaps it's a tad early on the Wirtz comparison?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
It hurts that he didn't get 5,000 yards. I think that the hype is still enough that he will get it - it just won't be as unanimous as previously thought.

Rodgers 45%

Brees 35%

Brady 15%

Tebow 5% (that's the ESPN contingent)

I would love to know who voted for Tebow if there are any MVP votes for him so we can go out and beat him (them?) with sticks.