Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
Hard to single them out right now, they(as in George) did what we have been asking them to do for the past 3 years.

Besides, Hegone33 is just trying to get a rise out of bears fans right now, since his perennial contender 49ers has shown everyone how to win their division with regularity over the past 5 years like the Bears have. Oh, wait.....

Good point, George is a pimp. I was just kidding, though.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
Oh, yeah:

@peggykusinski

peggy kusinski

source tells me #Bears George McCaskey had lunch with #Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz & John McDonough in past month, talked about "change"

Granted he was just b****ing because the waitress tried to keep the change on his bill...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
Oh, yeah:

@peggykusinski

peggy kusinski

source tells me #Bears George McCaskey had lunch with #Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz & John McDonough in past month, talked about "change"

That's great news. Learn from the best. Bears should be a marquee franchise in this league, not a cute "remember Butkus, Halas, Dikta" side show. This is the first step towards organizational rehabilitation. Now to find the right GM . . . . think Scotty Bowman can scout OL talent?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
That's great news. Learn from the best. Bears should be a marquee franchise in this league, not a cute "remember Butkus, Halas, Dikta" side show. This is the first step towards organizational rehabilitation. Now to find the right GM . . . . think Scotty Bowman can scout OL talent?

Maybe John Scott needs to buff up in the weight room and switch sports.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
god id love it if the bears made lovie the D coordinator and brought in fisher ...pipe dream, i know

seriously though, now you have a coordinator and GM spot to fill....lots of work to do

I honestly don't understand the Fisher love...he represents no improvement whatsoever from Lovie to me...

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
Lovie ran Ron out of town not sure Norv will want to work for the Bears.

When you just got fired as a HC, it's not time to start worrying about what another team did to your brother when he couldn't get the job done.

The Bears have a very good QB, an older, but solid defense, a great fanbase, and are the charter franchise in the League...as long as they are willing to pay the market rate, they should have no trouble attracting the best available coaches.

TheTonyParrish Tony Parrish

“@rcolvin3: Man #jerryangelo out too..... I clda still been a #bear!!!!! How do u not check a box!!!!!!! Lol” Wow, I was shocked that day!

Haha, I loved these tweets by Colvin and Parrish.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 01:33 PM)
Amazing...Turner has 9 lives!

No kidding, I can't believe he gets another year. The Bolts did kind of screw themselves by breaking Cutler's thumb. They lost to the red-hot Bears, while their 3 division mates all managed victories vs. Caleb Hanie.