Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
It's a good thing they let Jackson trade away 1st round draft picks to obtain a bad QB that couldn't lead them to the playoffs in a garbage division.

I would have fired him for that trade alone. Just awful.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
I would have fired him for that trade alone. Just awful.

The Raiders were careless with trading of first round picks long before Jackson showed up. I think people just accepted it as commonplace in the Raiders FO before McKenzie arrived

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
The Raiders were careless with trading of first round picks long before Jackson showed up. I think people just accepted it as commonplace in the Raiders FO before McKenzie arrived

That's why McKenzie is cleaning house. He is going to bring in all of his own guys.

Raider fans should be happy about this.

Raiders fired coach Hue Jackson.

We knew this was a realistic possibility once the Raiders brought in GM Reggie McKenzie, as Jackson was still fighting for more power with owner Mark Davis. Had Jackson made the playoffs and not ransacked the franchise's future for Carson Palmer, there's a good chance he'd still be in charge. Packers LBs coach Winston Moss and DBs coach Darren Perry have been mentioned as potential replacements. Fantasy-wise, the coaching change is bad news for Darren McFadden and the Oakland receivers, as Jackson maximized their talents with creative scheming and aggressive play-calling.

Rotoworld

Trading the first round picks for Palmer is 100% on Jackson.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
That's why McKenzie is cleaning house. He is going to bring in all of his own guys.

Raider fans should be happy about this.

Wait, the new GM get's to hire coaches? I thought that wasn't permitted by the NFL?

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:11 AM)
Not sure if this has been said, but isn't Ruskell's contract the same length as Lovie's? Would it be so horrible, since they already have Lovie here with the new GM, to put Ruskell in for a year, see how they do and if they fail miserably, to jettison the bunch and start fresh without having to pay double salaries? I know it isn't the best position, but as has been said, the Bears painted themselves into a corner...this is the way out.

Unless they succeed...then we are all screwed.

George Halas doesn't like you.

Papa Bear Halas is spinning in his grave the way his offspring have run his own proud organization.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
There are 4 or 5 McCaskey boys, and there are grandkids. Unless there is some crazy scenario where they all decide to sell(the family owns an 80 percent stake in the Bears), you better sit back and accept the fact that the McCaskeys will be at the top of the organizational pyramid for the rest of your days

Is it too late in my life to switch teams?A cheesehead perhaps!

Seriously though, I'm hoping for a Rocky Wirtz scenario, maybe one of the younger ones isn't football retarded, I can only hope and pray for my kid's sake.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Coach Ditka said yesterday on the Mike & Mike show, that the 49ers remind him a lot of the 84 & 85 Bears teams..

They didn't win the SB that year so I agree.

Don't get me wrong, the 49ers will be contenders the next few years but I don't think they'll beat the smoking hot Saints, but we shall see.

They didn't win the SB that year so I agree.

Don't get me wrong, the 49ers will be contenders the next few years but I don't think they'll beat the smoking hot Saints, but we shall see.

The Saints do have a great offense but if they were playing the 49ers last week, they would have lost.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
The Saints do have a great offense but if they were playing the 49ers last week, they would have lost.

That is some impressive certainty. How many fewer points would they have scored, and how many more points would the 49ers have scored than Detroit?

That is just an outlandish statement...

The 49ers would not have dropped those possible interceptions. Also, the Saints got a lot help from the refs on that forced fumble. The Lions should have been up by 2 TD's and its all different ballgame than

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
The 49ers would not have dropped those possible interceptions. Also, the Saints got a lot help from the refs on that forced fumble. The Lions should have been up by 2 TD's and its all different ballgame than

And the 49ers never would have been able to move the ball nearly as effectively as Detroit had...

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)

And I take it Crabtree would have went off for 200+ yards receiving just like Calvin Johnson did, right?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
My prediction for this weekend is 49ers 27 Saints 23

Our special teams will come up big this weekend.. Lee is the best punter in the league

New Orleans has NEVER won a playoff game on the road............no shock to me I took SF and the points.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
8 NFL titles

Very true, although that was a different era with way less teams and no free agency. I'm just saying that when it comes to spending money, the current regime is very similar to old Mr. Halas.