Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

I'm not going to discount the Giants at all. If their front four get to Rodgers it could be a very interesting game. And their front four is a +1, they have Pierre Paul, Kiwanuka, Tuck, Umenyiora, and Canty, and Linval has been coming on too. It is the playoffs, you never know.

Congrats to SOXOBAMA and Hegone33, you guys called your shot and were right.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If both teams play their absolute best game, the Giants can certainly beat the Packers. The problem is that the Giants haven't played their best game very often since 2008.

They played a game last weekend against Atlanta..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
It's still an open question though whether "Putting him in a position to utilize his abilities" also "puts the team in a position where it cannot win a super bowl".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
They are one game away from the Super Bowl. Do you really think they get there with Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
I'd say the same thing that people said about the Bears when the Bears beat Seattle last year. Yes, they're 2 games away...but they still have to be able to beat teams that can score the ball. The Steelers offense was a mess, you saw that yourself. They next have to face a team that can score the ball, and then the winner of 2 teams that may well do the same thing the Broncos do except better.

Hell, I'm not sure that the Patriots team can win the Super Bowl right now because they can't defend. If the Broncos can't complete those short-mid range passes for conversions like they failed to do yesterday, they will not be able to hang with a team that can score the ball...and there are a lot of those remaining.

I said this earlier this week...this is the exact situation that makes me doubt whether the Broncos can win a Super Bowl with an offense structured like this...they are now down 21 points, and they've had more than a few 3 and outs this half against the worst defense in the NFL. The Patriots defense knows what is coming, they know that they can't be beaten through the intermediate passing game, they just have to make 2 plays against the run to force a 3rd and long every drive, and the drive ends.

If the team can't convert 3rd and long, or force the safeties back away from the line with the threat of the pass, then they need to be bailed out by the defense. If they don't get a turnover, and they wind up with a team who makes 1-2 great plays, then the Broncos are in huge trouble.

You have to be able to convert in the passing game. The Patriots are giving to the Broncos but Denver can't take advantage.

i pray to god the packers lose tomorrow night, and if not, then in the nfc championship to the 49ers. But should they win that...it will be an unreal game to see them vs the pats (assuming pats take care of the ravens [barring a houston miracle])

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
i pray to god the packers lose tomorrow night, and if not, then in the nfc championship to the 49ers. But should they win that...it will be an unreal game to see them vs the pats (assuming pats take care of the ravens [barring a houston miracle])

I have zero confidence in the Patriots D's ability to slow down the Packers. The Patriots might be able to score with the Pack, but they need the Pack to help them out, because the Packers secondary will make some plays against Brady to end drives or get the ball back.

The Patriots D only looks good here because of the offense they're facing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
The Giants' D is next. These offenses simply cannot be stopped. The Saints didn't even look all that good and they dropped 30+ on the Niners.

I think the Niners D pulled a "Lovie" in the last 5 minutes.