Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
I'll take 3200 passing yds, 17 TD's and 5 int from Alex.

The Saints made those turnovers because of our great defense and special teams. We play all 3 parts of the football game very well. The Saints haven't a face team that hits harder than us all year.

And the Saints still scored 32 points.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fumbling the ball is one thing, losing a ball on a fumble to the other team is a good part luck.

IE

Saints fumbled the ball 3 times, lost all 3.

49ers fumbled the ball 3 times, lost 1.

I assume thats the 4th aspect of the game the 49ers are better at, having the ball bounce their way.

Your team won, thats all that counts.

And the Saints still scored 32 points.

Saints had a great offense this season. After all the games that were played for the last 2 weekends, the Packers looked like the worst team.

I don't know what the hell happened the Packers.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
I know you love your boy. But no, he went above and beyond anything he had done previously this year. He won them that game.

I so not expected that from Smith, I thought the Saints would be able to put at least 28 pts on SF, never expected Smith to beast the way he did, made some high quality throws.

So far I'm 6 for 8 in predictions, only loses were to Tebow and 49ers unlikly outgunning the Saints :angry:

they've cost me some nice cash :(

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
I'll take 3200 passing yds, 17 TD's and 5 int from Alex.

The Saints made those turnovers because of our great defense and special teams. We play all 3 parts of the football game very well. The Saints haven't a face team that hits harder than us all year.

No offense, but 3200/17-5 is nothing this year...he's vastly improved this year, but he's still a qb you're just going to ask to manage the game unless the situation demands otherwise (such as when trailing with less than 2 minutes remaining).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
No offense, but 3200/17-5 is nothing this year...he's vastly improved this year, but he's still a qb you're just going to ask to manage the game unless the situation demands otherwise (such as when trailing with less than 2 minutes remaining).

And like it or not...the Giants D line and the Ravens full D would be much, much bigger challenges than the Saints line...and even beyond that, this isn't the Giants D that he faced earlier this season.

Alex had 4 game winning drives this year, so seeing it Saturday twice wasn't that surprising to those that follow the team. Yes, I'm sure we all were somewhat surprised, but again my first thought in that situation Saturday was how this isn't new to him...

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Alex had 4 game winning drives this year, so seeing it Saturday twice wasn't that surprising to those that follow the team. Yes, I'm sure we all were somewhat surprised, but again my first thought in that situation Saturday was how this isn't new to him...

Well, one of my good friends is a huge Niner fan, and his text to me immediately following the game was "I can't believe Alex led them down the field for that last TD!"

I don't think anyone isn't happy for you guys, but the fact is you guys are still going to be doubted until you win the Super Bowl. You played in a god-awful division, and you play a fairly dull style of play in the year of the arena league offenses...so you've been undecovered, underhyped, and the public isn't in love with you like it has been the Saints/Packers/Patriots.

And now you've got people lining up who want to see Tom Brady - Eli Manning II, so most people don't want you to win this week either.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Well, one of my good friends is a huge Niner fan, and his text to me immediately following the game was "I can't believe Alex led them down the field for that last TD!"

I don't think anyone isn't happy for you guys, but the fact is you guys are still going to be doubted until you win the Super Bowl. You played in a god-awful division, and you play a fairly dull style of play in the year of the arena league offenses...so you've been undecovered, underhyped, and the public isn't in love with you like it has been the Saints/Packers/Patriots.

And now you've got people lining up who want to see Tom Brady - Eli Manning II, so most people don't want you to win this week either.

Of course they are going to continue to be doubted, and that's fine with me and I'm pretty sure it's fine with the players. As a Sox fan, I'm used to it and don't see anything wrong with it. As a fan, it isn't about all that nonsense you pointed out, it's about your team winning, that simple. And although you might think people want to see Eli, according to polls about 65% of America thinks it will be the Niners in the Superbowl............usually people vote on what they want to see.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Of course they are going to continue to be doubted, and that's fine with me and I'm pretty sure it's fine with the players. As a Sox fan, I'm used to it and don't see anything wrong with it. As a fan, it isn't about all that nonsense you pointed out, it's about your team winning, that simple. And although you might think people want to see Eli, according to polls about 65% of America thinks it will be the Niners in the Superbowl............usually people vote on what they want to see.

Then don't be so defensive about them. Every post about the Niners you and Obama come running to their rescue with some sorry defense for why they are the greatest team ever, which is why so many people were rubbed the wrong way coming into last week's games.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 08:01 AM)
Then don't be so defensive about them. Every post about the Niners you and Obama come running to their rescue with some sorry defense for why they are the greatest team ever, which is why so many people were rubbed the wrong way coming into last week's games.

I'm pretty sure neither one of us ever said they were the greatest team ever, I even said they would lose to GB in the playoffs.

There's a difference in being defensive and simply offering opinions.

The 49er hate in Chicago is evident, I don't know why it's there but it is, not just on here but most people I know can't stand them. I'm pretty sure Obama and I aren't the reason people hate the Niners. And if you do, that's stupid cause all we have done is support our team, let's not forget how obnoxious Bears fans get when they are winning.....

I dont really know of any 49er hate in Chicago. As a kid I loved Montana/Rice and they were one of my favorite teams. After the Bears most kids I knew were Dallas or 49er fans.

Now, most people in Chicago still are ambivalent to the 49ers, whether it be they liked Singletary or they like Harbaugh, you generally dont hear bad things. The teams Chicago fans hate are Packers, Vikings and Lions, Id say indifference describes the rest of the league.

I was super young in the 80s when the 49ers were beating on the Bears, so I have limited memory of that, and don't really hate the 49ers. I did enjoy watching their defense play on Sunday.

But the 49ers fans in this thread have definitely made me root against them in these playoffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 11:20 AM)
The story floating around the internets about how the Chief's front office has changed in the last few years is must read material.

Caulfield posted it, he just didnt really make it obvious about what it entailed(go figure ;) )

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84273

I was super young in the 80s when the 49ers were beating on the Bears, so I have limited memory of that, and don't really hate the 49ers. I did enjoy watching their defense play on Sunday.

But the 49ers fans in this thread have definitely made me root against them in these playoffs.

98% of people on this forum gave the 49ers NO chance of beating the Saints , so you have two 49ers fans talking about how we will beat them. If that what makes you hate the 49ers thats your choice.

I am pretty damn sure if the Bears were playing the Saints this past weekend, most people in this forum, would give there reasons why they think the Bears will win.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
98% of people on this forum gave the 49ers NO chance of beating the Saints , so you have two 49ers fans talking about how we will beat them. If that what makes you hate the 49ers thats your choice.

I am pretty damn sure if the Bears were playing the Saints this past weekend, most people in this forum, would give there reasons why they think the Bears will win.

It started way before this week

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)

Perspective is everything. Then again so is the reality that you should really understand that talking s*** about the hometown teams is probably going to generate animosity, especially with the angle you have taken.

This is what gets me the most............The niners have won with essentially the exact formula that took the Bears to the Superbowl in 2005 and NFC Championship last year.........yet, most Bears fans haven't given the Niners a chance with anything.....I really am surprised how Bears fans of all people can't see how the formula the 49ers have had can in fact win you games and take you to a Superbowl. I'm also pretty sure when the Bears were doing well in '05 and last year, most people had the attitude that the Bears could easily win it all.......