Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOXOBAMA, you realize you're coming off as a homer?

Alex Smith was a beast on Saturday, is he elite? No, one great playoff game doesn't make him great.

I think that's all Steve is trying to say.

I never said Alex was an elite QB. He has beaten many elite QB's this year though.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
I never said Alex was an elite QB. He has beaten many elite QB's this year though.

Unless Smith also plays defense, that statement is more a testament of SF's solid D this year.

The 49ers are actually my second favorite team and have been since the early 90s and I was never in this thread badmouthing them or not giving them a shot to win, yet I have to come in here and read "98% of Bears fans this" or "Every Bears fan I know that" from the two 49ers fans. I realize this isnt a Bears forum but at the same time the White Sox play in Chicago, so of course the majority of the White Sox fan base will also be Bears fans. That said, the Bears fans on this board are actually some of the more knowledgeable and realistic fans you will come across on the internet.

As the end of the season came and the playoffs began I found myself basically wanting the 49ers to get knocked out of the playoffs just because of how annoying this thread has been and because I was worried it would become unreadable if the niners won. To me its very similar to the Tim Tebow coverage on ESPN, if guys like Skip Bayless werent so far to one extreme that it basically forces other people to take on the other extreme and despise Tebow he probably would have been a lot of fun to root for. For example, Id be willing to bet if there were 0 niners fans on this board that well over half the people on here would vocally be rooting for the 49ers, me included. I hate the Saints personally.

Also, it wasnt "hating" to think the niners were gonna lose. They were underdogs at home in Vegas and one of the biggest question marks about the niners is how would their offense handle getting into a shootout with one of the 3 big time offenses this season, and they certainly answered the question and Im sure in the process they impressed a lot of doubters. Also, a lot of the jabs you guys have taken at the Bears were just for the sake of trolling so a lot of the heat you took was reactionary. I know every fan base is littered with idiots and Im sure you do indeed have to listen to dumb Bears fans somewhere in your life but from what Ive seen it really isnt that bad in here.

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
The 49ers are actually my second favorite team and have been since the early 90s and I was never in this thread badmouthing them or not giving them a shot to win, yet I have to come in here and read "98% of Bears fans this" or "Every Bears fan I know that" from the two 49ers fans. I realize this isnt a Bears forum but at the same time the White Sox play in Chicago, so of course the majority of the White Sox fan base will also be Bears fans. That said, the Bears fans on this board are actually some of the more knowledgeable and realistic fans you will come across on the internet.

As the end of the season came and the playoffs began I found myself basically wanting the 49ers to get knocked out of the playoffs just because of how annoying this thread has been and because I was worried it would become unreadable if the niners won. To me its very similar to the Tim Tebow coverage on ESPN, if guys like Skip Bayless werent so far to one extreme that it basically forces other people to take on the other extreme and despise Tebow he probably would have been a lot of fun to root for. For example, Id be willing to bet if there were 0 niners fans on this board that well over half the people on here would vocally be rooting for the 49ers, me included. I hate the Saints personally.

Also, it wasnt "hating" to think the niners were gonna lose. They were underdogs at home in Vegas and one of the biggest question marks about the niners is how would their offense handle getting into a shootout with one of the 3 big time offenses this season, and they certainly answered the question and Im sure in the process they impressed a lot of doubters. Also, a lot of the jabs you guys have taken at the Bears were just for the sake of trolling so a lot of the heat you took was reactionary. I know every fan base is littered with idiots and Im sure you do indeed have to listen to dumb Bears fans somewhere in your life but from what Ive seen it really isnt that bad in here.

Excellent post.

+A f***ton

Alex Smith has shown that he can manage a game this year. Don't turn the ball over and score enough points to win. Last week he proved he can be clutch and make big plays when they need them. It doesn't matter how many yards he threw for, or how many touchdowns he threw for. He is winning games.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
Tim Tebow has shown that he can manage a game this year. Don't turn the ball over and score enough points to win. Last week he proved he can be clutch and make big plays when they need them. It doesn't matter how many yards he threw for, or how many touchdowns he threw for. He is winning games.

I wish I was smart enough to post like this. A++

great post

If these two Niner fans get crap from outside Bears meathead fans, they shouldn't take it out on us.

I didn't know it was an insult to pick the Saints over the 49ers...

For me personally, the "I wonder who the Bears fans will blame when they continue to suck under the new GM" statement riled me up...hey Niners fans, you guys are hosting the NFC Championship game, one win away from the SuperBowl, just like we were one year ago. :o

BTW, a cousin of mine is a huge 49ers from way back so if you guys do pull it off, at least I'll be happy for him.

If the 49ers are your 2nd fav team root for them.. What jabs have I ever taken against the Bears?

The Saints had several flaws that I pointed out, why I thought my team would beat them.

Haha. Well if Tebow puts up a winning percentage like he did this year, I'll take his s***ty stats for wins any day. Tebow, however, did not play the entire season and was much more inconsistent than Smith. The teams he played during his streak were a joke too. I'd take his performance against the Steelers any day though.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
If the 49ers are your 2nd fav team root for them.. What jabs have I ever taken against the Bears?

The Saints had several flaws that I pointed out, why I thought my team would beat them.

I am ultimately glad they won, I just wanted the bs in this thread to stop. Of course the Saints have flaws and its good you were confident that your team would beat them but that doesnt mean you shouldnt expect a reaction when you guarantee a victory. I just wanted to point out that nobody here was openly hating on the niners (unless it was a reaction to something one of you guys said). The Saints were a great team and were having a historic season offensively. Las Vegas made the niners home underdogs for a reason. Ill give you guys credit though, if you sifted through all your posts you did make some great points, for example pointing out how much less effective the Saints offense had been outdoors etc. Im just saying that you dont have to turn it into "I guarantee the 49ers are gonna win and anyone who doubts us is a dumb Bears fan" Now that is probably not what you were trying to say but thats how it came across as to some people.

So congratulations on the big win, your Harbaugh brother should run away with COTY and you guys have a great chance to advance to the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
great post

If these two Niner fans get crap from outside Bears meathead fans, they shouldn't take it out on us.

I didn't know it was an insult to pick the Saints over the 49ers...

For me personally, the "I wonder who the Bears fans will blame when they continue to suck under the new GM" statement riled me up...hey Niners fans, you guys are hosting the NFC Championship game, one win away from the SuperBowl, just like we were one year ago. :o

BTW, a cousin of mine is a huge 49ers from way back so if you guys do pull it off, at least I'll be happy for him.

This was a great line, after all the rips against SF this year, I have zero regrets about ripping on the Bears

Have they found a GM yet?