Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
I thought he was a Raiders fan?

I dunno, the way I see it if you have a son who is drafted by another sports team than your favorite, all bets are off.

If my son ended up playing for the Packers, I wouldn't stop being a Bears fan, but I would root for the Packers because of my son... that is one of only a couple of exceptions that make that happen (the other one being if I myself were to be drafted by the Packers)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:50 PM)
I dunno, the way I see it if you have a son who is drafted by another sports team than your favorite, all bets are off.

If my son ended up playing for the Packers, I wouldn't stop being a Bears fan, but I would root for the Packers because of my son... that is one of only a couple of exceptions that make that happen (the other one being if I myself were to be drafted by the Packers)

And I totally forgot about that. So just disregard that post.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
You never see fat defensive backs in the NFL. It's not like baseball and basketball where you find fat players at speed positions (SS, CF, PG). I guess that's a product of non-guaranteed contracts.

This is extremely random.

Also, there is no such thing as a speed position in baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
Center Field, at least at some level?

I suppose you can make an argument, but covering a lot of ground doesn't equal speed. Reading the ball off the bat, getting good jumps, etc. Jerry Owens wasn't a good CF just because he was fast. You don't have to be much of an athlete to be a great baseball player.