Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
That says more about the quality of the other WRs than it does about Sanzenbacher.

Well especially since two are Hester and Knox, who I have read you guys complaining for 2 years now that neither of them know where they are supposed to be half the time, and another is Sam Hurd, it's pretty obvious why he would target Sanzenbacher on third downs and in the red zone so much.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 12:09 PM)
Yeah, in a passing offense that features Sam Hurd, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester and Roy Williams, some of the time. How could he not? If you look at the options Jay has had, and then consider the amount of times he has dropped back to pass, it's not hard to realize why DS has had the receptions he's had. He's had way too many drops and mistakes IMO.

For an undrafted rookie free agent he hasnt been bad. I will say the drops are unusual for him, he was as surehanded as it gets in college, especially when catching the ducks thrown by Pryor.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
At least this season, I don't think Carimi is going to do any better than what Louis gave us the last 2 games. The question is does Louis go back to rg or maybe switch him to lt and gets Webb off the line.

Yeah, that's a good call. Honestly, i was so pleased with louis. Just being fast enough to push off the speed rusher off balance adds so much to our pass offense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Itd be more likely that Carimi would move to LT (position he played at Wisconsin for 4 years at Wisconsin) over Louis (who to the best of my knowledge has not played LT.)

Do people think Gabe is capable of playing LT? It seemed like they were pretty set on having him stay at RT...

There is a Tice quote that says something like "Carimi could play LT, we just think hell be a great RT."

To put it in context, prior to this year only 2 players played LT for Wisconsin since 2005, Joe Thomas and Gabe Carimi. Thomas started at LT as a sophomore, Carimi as a RS Freshman.

The reality is no one on the Bears has close to the experience as Carimi at LT (and as Ive shown previously, he had better measurables than Webb at the combine)

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
There is a Tice quote that says something like "Carimi could play LT, we just think hell be a great RT."

To put it in context, prior to this year only 2 players played LT for Wisconsin since 2005, Joe Thomas and Gabe Carimi. Thomas started at LT as a sophomore, Carimi as a RS Freshman.

The reality is no one on the Bears has close to the experience as Carimi at LT (and as Ive shown previously, he had better measurables than Webb at the combine)

You are the go-to Carimi-ist at Soxtalk. If you think he can do it, I don't see why we wouldn't want to try to protect Cutler's blindside with the best option we have.

Of course, I also don't see why we'd make zero standout additions to the O-Line this offseason when bountiful opportunities existed, and I also don't see why we'd lock in on Roy f***ing Williams as the huge upgrade to our WR corps.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
Carimi still has work to do especially in the pass blocking dept.

Webb isn't going anywhere, don't get your hopes up.

Who do you think is getting pulled from the rotation when Carimi returns then?

I understand why they'd stand by Webb...I just can say the same thing about the other 4 in their lineup as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)

I understand why they'd stand by Webb...I just can say the same thing about the other 4 in their lineup as well.

I think most likely Spencer is backup and Louis slides back at RG. But, the line would prob be best served with Webb on the bench even though he has improved since the Detroit game. Even with the Bears improved running game, up the gut they havent had much success and according to Tice against Atlanta Lance Louis was dominating so be interesting how that turns out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)

Spencer... Probably will suck for him and feel like a benching even though he's played decent, but Louis will slide back there and Carimi will go back to the right side. I can't imagine they will want to shuffle any more than necessary when they're finally starting to get some mojo.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 05:39 PM)
Carimi still has work to do especially in the pass blocking dept.

Webb isn't going anywhere, don't get your hopes up.

He's very good for a rookie. The Wisconsin O-line from last season put 3 starters into the NFL and Carimi was the best of them. He's no worse than Jake Long who has been manning the tackle position for years. I think he is going to be a dominant RT and a very good LT if moved over there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
He's very good for a rookie. The Wisconsin O-line from last season put 3 starters into the NFL and Carimi was the best of them. He's no worse than Jake Long who has been manning the tackle position for years. I think he is going to be a dominant RT and a very good LT if moved over there.

I agree. He's just not there yet. The only way to get there is to play.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
Id be more concerned if he hadnt started 40+ games in college.

Carimi's pedigree and experience just blows away anyone else on the Bears line. As soon as he is healthy, hell be starting some where. I cant believe he isnt the LT, but who knows.

Just like how many other rookies who make the leap to pro ball from college? It's an adjustment.