Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
except for the fact he isnt a rookie

Hell, he's close enough that I don't care. I'll think of Viciedo as a rookie next year and technically he wasn't a rookie this year.

Denver made their own bed, now they need to sleep in it. But if they're smart, they'll start fighting against "Tebowmania" every step of the way. Every bad game he has is going to get so incredibly magnified because there is such polarization about him...I don't know that any QB has ever had to deal with anything like that before.

All of last week was Tebow as a miracle worker, it will be the complete opposite this week, and it will grate on the entire team.

The real problem for Denver is that management wants, and probably needs, to celebrate that player as much as humanly possible...because he's a revenue machine, even on a losing team.

But every time he gives an interview, everything he does to grow "The Tebow phenomenon" will make it harder for that team to grow and will make it that much harder for him to grow.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Hell, he's close enough that I don't care. I'll think of Viciedo as a rookie next year and technically he wasn't a rookie this year.

Denver made their own bed, now they need to sleep in it. But if they're smart, they'll start fighting against "Tebowmania" every step of the way. Every bad game he has is going to get so incredibly magnified because there is such polarization about him...I don't know that any QB has ever had to deal with anything like that before.

All of last week was Tebow as a miracle worker, it will be the complete opposite this week, and it will grate on the entire team.

Viciedo is a poor comparison. Tebow spent all last season at the NFL level and started games last season. he shouldnt be raw, he should have a grasp of the offense now if he ever will. it is pretty obvious now that his flaws are being exposed and teams are going to force him to throw, which he is pretty bad at.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
Viciedo is a poor comparison. Tebow spent all last season at the NFL level and started games last season. he shouldnt be raw, he should have a grasp of the offense now if he ever will. it is pretty obvious now that his flaws are being exposed and teams are going to force him to throw, which he is pretty bad at.

Didn't denver fire their coach/offensive coordinator and bring in a whole new system this year? (Yes).

Everyone out there could have predicted he'd take time to develop even if he'd fallen to the 3rd round in the draft like he probably should have (just to take the pressure off of him). Yes, he has lots of flaws, yes he shouldn't have been a first round pick, but yes, Denver needs to shut up, stop talking about him, answer every question with "He's a young quarterback and these things will take time."

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
He is for comedy purposes. Quite simply one of the most awful professional athletes and the hype he gets never ceases to amaze me.

I don't know about that. I hate Tebowmania as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't call him an awful pro athlete. He may be an awful QB, but he can be a valuable player for a pro football team if used right. He has the size & athleticism to make plays.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
Didn't denver fire their coach/offensive coordinator and bring in a whole new system this year? (Yes).

Everyone out there could have predicted he'd take time to develop even if he'd fallen to the 3rd round in the draft like he probably should have (just to take the pressure off of him). Yes, he has lots of flaws, yes he shouldn't have been a first round pick, but yes, Denver needs to shut up, stop talking about him, answer every question with "He's a young quarterback and these things will take time."

sometimes you argue so much just to argue, its ridiculous. everyone needs to shut up and stop talking about him because there is nothing to talk about.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)

new coaches and no offseason workouts will make a bad QB look even worse.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
new coaches and no offseason workouts will make a bad QB look even worse.

i have no arguments that he is a bad QB. I fully believe that. I also think he is a big part of Denvers "Suck for Luck" campaign. They just need to hope that Miami catches fire and pulls out a few games

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
I don't know about that. I hate Tebowmania as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't call him an awful pro athlete. He may be an awful QB, but he can be a valuable player for a pro football team if used right. He has the size & athleticism to make plays.

He plays quarterback though. Just because people suspect he might be better used differently doesnt change the fact that he is a starting qb in the NFL, which he is awful at.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
i have no arguments that he is a bad QB. I fully believe that. I also think he is a big part of Denvers "Suck for Luck" campaign. They just need to hope that Miami catches fire and pulls out a few games

Indy?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
I see.

I still stand by that statement. Their schedule still has games @GB, @ CHI, @NO, vs. GB, vs. SD, @ OAK. They finish 9-7 at best, which may or may not get them in the playoffs, depending on what the other NFC teams do. A win vs. the fighting Tebows doesn't change my opinion.