Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:37 AM)
Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft, and a few other owners secretly met in Chicago yesterday with NFLPA leader DeMaurice Smith. It might be nothing, but interesting nonetheless.

They met in West Chicago and flew into tiny DuPage airport. No doubt this was supposed to be a secret meeting for whatever reason.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2077536.story

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently they are at about "80-85" percent on the deal and people are sticking around because it could be done in a few days..

how the f*** could they not have been like this months ago and avoided this bulls***?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)
So apparently they are at about "80-85" percent on the deal and people are sticking around because it could be done in a few days..

how the f*** could they not have been like this months ago and avoided this bulls***?

They have to stare each other down for awhile, but you're right.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)

Where'd you hear this? I haven't heard where they are this close to anything.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)

The message at the end of the week was that it was going the other way...several owners were balking on the possible deal the players and owners were approaching.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)

It was on espn.com as the headline, finheaven.com, and I listen to ESPN radio on satellite radio all day and they also talked about it.. the latest ive heard now is that there are owners going against eachother in this

example.. an owner like Jerry Jones who spends on his team doesn't think he should share the same amount of money with a guy like Paul Brown who doesn't do those things..

• 4 weeks later...

The Lions. LOL. Every year, along with Houston, they're everyone's "surprise" team. They drafted Nick Fairley, and everyone declared them a 9 or 10 win team. While they might kill some QB's, they've yet to address their OL. Therefore, killing QB's isn't all that great when your's is killed, too.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
The Lions are getting better but I dont think their record will reflect that this year. They have a pretty tough schedule this year.

They got to keep Stafford healthy. If that guy ever plays the whole year, they are a very good/underrated team. Hell last season, they got screwed over two wins. Solid QB, good RB, outstanding #1 WR, underrated TE, beast DL.. I would say their main weaknesses is DB, OL (though IMO, their OL isn't that bad). Maybe a better #2 WR cause I see Burleson more as a #3 but they did just draft Titus Young who could be that guy. Stafford is the key for them to do anything in this division though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
Please let the Hall of Fame Game get pushed back a week so I don't have to work a NASCAR race!

I seriously hate the HOF game idea this year. I really hope the Bears let all third and fourth stringers play and don't even let our game-active 53 out there. They will only get hurt.

john harbaugh goes on waddle and silvy and is still complaining about the draft day non-trade between the bears and ravens. someone correct me if i am wrong, didnt the ravens do the same thing to the vikings?