Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
john harbaugh goes on waddle and silvy and is still complaining about the draft day non-trade between the bears and ravens. someone correct me if i am wrong, didnt the ravens do the same thing to the vikings?

Yes.

he has every right to complain also. The Bears should just respond with "no comment".

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Yes.

he has every right to complain also. The Bears should just respond with "no comment".

Ozzie Newsome his own GM did the same thing a few years ago to the Vikings get over it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Ozzie Newsome his own GM did the same thing a few years ago to the Vikings get over it.

He doesn't have to get over it. It's a good way to make the press come out a little more favorable towards his team and write an article or two on the subject.

Raiders and 49ers have been talking about sharing a stadium

In a development that could have a long-range impact on the Bay Area sports landscape, the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders have been meeting to discuss the possibility of sharing a new football stadium.

"We've put our teams together," 49ers Chief Executive Jed York said late Monday at an event for NFL fans in Los Angeles. "It doesn't mean we're going to find the right deal that fits for both teams, but we're certainly going to get a look at those options."

The location of a shared facility could be the key issue at play. The 49ers have been working on getting a new stadium built for years, most recently setting their sights on Santa Clara, where the team also has its headquarters.

In June 2010, Santa Clara passed a measure that would provide $114 million of public money to build a 68,500-seat stadium. However, the total cost of the project could be near $1 billion, and it is not clear where the 49ers would get the rest of the money. Prior to the Santa Clara project, the team had gained public financing to build a stadium near Candlestick Park.

The Raiders and the 49ers play in two of the NFL's oldest stadiums. The Raiders have pursued building a new facility on the same site, finding little success or support. The team's lease at the Oakland Coliseum runs through the 2013 season. The 49ers have said a stadium in Santa Clara could be ready by 2015.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
Is it his dope dealer or something?

I have no insight or anything like that, but the prevailing comments seem on ESPN are questioning if it's more to do with sexuality, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
I have no insight or anything like that, but the prevailing comments seem on ESPN are questioning if it's more to do with sexuality, etc.

Oh boy. This could be the mother of all stupid controversies if Benson is gay or something.

Instead of getting this s*** done months ago and saving everyone from getting pissed off, they wait until right before actually losing checks before getting it done..

what a joke..

It would be awesome if no one showed up to the Thursday night opener to send a message, but theres no chance of that happening...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
Jay Cutler lists himself as "single" on Facebook after stating football is "least of my worries".

It's happening; I'm sort of starting to dislike Jay Cutler. Just play f***ing football.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
How could anyone possibly believe that was real?

:lolhitting