Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Taking a 4-12 and 9-7 team to two straight AFC championship games in his first two years (with Sanchez) isn't very impressive, I agree.

it's funny how you just used this exact same logic to knock Lovie a few posts ago but here, it's a point of praise when you're talking to someone else. I don't get it.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have the Packers, Steelers, or Ravens front offices than worrying about the coaches... if you gave Lovie talent like that instead of the half-assed offenses he's had for most of his tenure, or the years where he had magnificent, gaping holes in the defense, and his resume probably looks a lot more like Mike Tomlin's.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
The Bears beat who they needed to beat to get to the NFC championship game, that ain't luck, if Cutler had a decent game and not gotten hurt, the Bears would've had a great shot at winning that game, we didn't get blown out if you recall.He's big mistake was not going with Hanie after Cutler got hurt.

If it's not luck I dunno what it is. You can't give Lovie props for beating a s***ty Seattle team to get into the NFC championship game. And don't forget, we're not even in that position if the league didn't steal a TD from Calvin Johnson in week 1 (fluke!)

And the Bears had no shot at beating GB. They were a cock tease for 3 hours. That's it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
If it's not luck I dunno what it is. You can't give Lovie props for beating a s***ty Seattle team to get into the NFC championship game. And don't forget, we're not even in that position if the league didn't steal a TD from Calvin Johnson in week 1 (fluke!)

And the Bears had no shot at beating GB. They were a cock tease for 3 hours. That's it.

LMAO. double stamp

funny gifs

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
5 decades? Are we talking about your beef with the Angelo/Lovie regime or with the Organization? Because your argument is splintering to another direction now

Well Rock asked about ownership, which as someone else pointed out, has been the same family for 90 years. So generally I was referring to ownership over the long term.

Re the QB's - I gotta believe that at some point they could have gotten SOMEONE. What was that stat from years ago, the Bears had 23 something qb's while Favre was with GB. And there's no one else out there they could have signed that would have been better? They tried with Cordell Stewart. After that failure maybe that's why they didn't try again.

Christ. Again. They lost by one score when their starting QB missed most of the game. F*ck. Your selective memory makes me want to find where you live, come over there, and punch you in the nose.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
Well Rock asked about ownership, which as someone else pointed out, has been the same family for 90 years. So generally I was referring to ownership over the long term.

Re the QB's - I gotta believe that at some point they could have gotten SOMEONE. What was that stat from years ago, the Bears had 23 something qb's while Favre was with GB. And there's no one else out there they could have signed that would have been better? They tried with Cordell Stewart. After that failure maybe that's why they didn't try again.

Name successful FA QB's they could have thrown money at.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
How many times does a FA QB actually work? Warner?

Drew Brees.

The list is extremely short though. Pro Bowl QBs just don't hit free agency very often. That's why the Cutler trade was such a big deal.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Christ. Again. They lost by one score when their starting QB missed most of the game. F*ck. Your selective memory makes me want to find where you live, come over there, and punch you in the nose.

They also came pretty close to keeping GB out of the playoffs altogether with not much to play for.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
it's funny how you just used this exact same logic to knock Lovie a few posts ago but here, it's a point of praise when you're talking to someone else. I don't get it.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize Lovie took the Bears to two conference championship games in his first 2 years. Oh, and in one of those years, going through the Colts AND Pats on the road. Little different than beating a sub .500 Seattle at home.

This is the longest conversation about a coach ever.

Jenksismyb**** thinks he is an average to below average coach.

Everyone else thinks he is good to pretty good.

Settled.

Now back to how awesome the Packers are. Did I mention they have drafted 90% of their players?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
I'm sorry, I didn't realize Lovie took the Bears to two conference championship games in his first 2 years. Oh, and in one of those years, going through the Colts AND Pats on the road. Little different than beating a sub .500 Seattle at home.

No one was taking the 2004 Bears to the playoffs.

If the Giants had not blown a 21-point 4th quarter lead vs. Philly or if Tampa had not blown a game late at home vs. the Lions & their 26-game road losing streak, then the Packers would not have even made the playoffs last year. Fluke!

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Thanks Kyyle

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)

Selective memory my ass. They were down 14-0 after three quarters. Completely out of the game. Rogers threw a terrible interception that would have made it 21-0. It was 14-7 and then immediately 21-7. They had a chance to tie the game but fell short. Again, a freakin' cock tease for the last 10 minutes. Otherwise it was near total domination.

A Seattle team that beat the defending champs.

Losing 21-14 and having you're 3rd string QB lead a potential late game tying rally does not equate having "no shot at beating the Packers" to me...

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Per Rotoworld.

"Suspended Packers DE Johnny Jolly was sentenced Thursday to six years in prison for violating the terms of his probation for possessing drugs and tampering with evidence."

Sucks cause the dude had some talent. Could of won a Super Bowl and been part of this team right now. Sad story.

Someone listened to a little too much 3-6 Mafia....Sippin on some sizzurp....

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Selective memory my ass. They were down 14-0 after three quarters. Completely out of the game. Rogers threw a terrible interception that would have made it 21-0. It was 14-7 and then immediately 21-7. They had a chance to tie the game but fell short. Again, a freakin' cock tease for the last 10 minutes. Otherwise it was near total domination.

THEY WERE ONLY GOOD SOME OF THE TIME! AND OTHER TIMES THEY WERE BAD! THEY ALMOST TIED IT AND ALMOST CAME BACK BUT THEY DIDNT! AND THEY LOST, OK?!?! SO THAT PROVES MY POINT! DOMINATION