Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Selective memory my ass. They were down 14-0 after three quarters. Completely out of the game. Rogers threw a terrible interception that would have made it 21-0. It was 14-7 and then immediately 21-7. They had a chance to tie the game but fell short. Again, a freakin' cock tease for the last 10 minutes. Otherwise it was near total domination.

Rodgers*

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
You did what I did a few weeks ago.

Stay away from ESPN tomorrow.

He still f***ing sucks. He didn't make a single good throw on that drive and if it wasn't for Sanchez being brutal and the Broncos defense standing on its head two weeks in a row we don't have to hear a f***ing thing about a terrible player.

I just don't understand what the Jets were trying to accomplish at the end of the game. What's the ONLY possible way that the Broncos win that game? By having Tebow bust loose on the ground, you know he won't/can't throw. So to counter that you play to contain/have a safety or linebacker to spy him and don't let him do that, and force him to throw. What do they do instead? Blitz. Get burnt. Repeatedly. Lose the game.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
I just don't understand what the Jets were trying to accomplish at the end of the game. What's the ONLY possible way that the Broncos win that game? By having Tebow bust loose on the ground, you know he won't/can't throw. So to counter that you play to contain/have a safety or linebacker to spy him and don't let him do that, and force him to throw. What do they do instead? Blitz. Get burnt. Repeatedly. Lose the game.

Exactly. They blitzed eight guys, so as long as he gets to the outside he has all this free room to run, which is the only thing he can do. Sit back in coverage, make him beat you with his arm Rex, bad coaching.

It should be interesting when the Bears head to Denver. I'm thinking Lovie won't be dumb enough to let him beat the Bears like that, but Urlacher/Briggs do have the size & speed to keep up with him.

MVP of tonight = Von Miller. That kid is a f***ing beast.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
Exactly. They blitzed eight guys, so as long as he gets to the outside he has all this free room to run, which is the only thing he can do. Sit back in coverage, make him beat you with his arm Rex, bad coaching.

It should be interesting when the Bears head to Denver. I'm thinking Lovie won't be dumb enough to let him beat the Bears like that, but Urlacher/Briggs do have the size & speed to keep up with him.

I don't know what blitzing Tebow like that is supposed to do anyway. It's not like it actually accomplishes anything and if anything, it makes Tebow more dangerous. Once he finds a lane he's got 12 yards. And he likes throwing on the run better than standing in the pocket and making reads. So why do it? It's like you're doing him a favor.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

The defense should be fine. Like you said, Urlacher and Briggs have the speed to keep up. Plus, with cover 2, Tebow will have a hard time getting beyond the 2nd level. Guys who are accurate are deadly to the Bears' scheme. Tebow's probably the most inaccurate starting QB in the NFL right now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)

Still not understanding why Ryan called a blitz.

Tebow was never going to throw it so why bring the house where if Tebow clears the LOS then its an easy TD.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
Also, John Elway looked legitimately pissed when the Broncos scored the go ahead touchdown. This is actually a bad thing for their franchise long term. You can't sustain an offense with a QB who can't make a single NFL throw.

He wasnt pissed.

And all because they are winning games now doesnt mean Tebow is an automatic shoe-in to be the starter next year. The Ravens didnt bring Dilfer back after winning a Super Bowl and Dilfer was actually putting up decent passing numbers at times.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
If anyone felt they gave excessive praise for Rex Ryan a few pages ago and would like to take the opportunity to temper it, now would be an appropriate time to do that

LMAO

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
He wasnt pissed.

And all because they are winning games now doesnt mean Tebow is an automatic shoe-in to be the starter next year. The Ravens didnt bring Dilfer back after winning a Super Bowl and Dilfer was actually putting up decent passing numbers at times.

I completely disagree. Elway wants nothing to do with Tebow as his QB, but if he keeps making plays to help his team win games, you can't just bench him. Despite his lack of any passing ability, his team is 4-1 behind him and his playmaking has directly contributed to it. I know you shouldn't let the inmates run the asylum, but if the Broncos win this crappy division behind Tebow, it's gonna be very difficult to try & bring in another QB to start next season.

Dilfer is a real bad example. The 2000 Ravens had one of the best defenses ever that season, which was the only reason they won and everyone knows that. Dilfer was a caretaker, nothing else and not even that good at it. 12 TDs, 11 INTs during the season.