Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
god f***ing damnit it's payback for last year's complete lack of injuries.

Cutler missed a game due to concussion and sat out much of the NFC Championship Game. We didn't need any payback.

This is f***ing gay as f***ing s***.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if he'll miss a snap. Dude is a tough mother f***er. Completed two passes after his thumb got destroyed. Hell, Ben Roethlisberger played with a broken thumb and didn't affect him that much. Unless it's so bad it needs surgery.... We'll see what happens when it all becomes official.

Edited by SoxAce

welp.....heres to hoping cuter:hanie::bledsoe:brady....

f*** me...this team was probably the most complete bears team ive seen in a while too...great RB, great SP, good QB, good D.

You can argue that Cutler was near a top 5 QB in the league before this too....Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brees, then I think Cutler had as much of an arguement as anyone else

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
I dunno if he'll miss a snap. Dude is a tough mother f***er. Completed two passes after his thumb got destroyed. Hell, Ben Roethlisberger played with a broken thumb and didn't affect him that much. Unless it's so bad it needs surgery.... We'll see what happens when it all becomes official.

To be fair, those passes were quite short, but the receivers got some decent YAC on them.

Sources are saying he will need surgery. We'll know for sure tomorrow when they perform more tests.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
welp.....heres to hoping cuter:hanie::bledsoe:brady....

f*** me...this team was probably the most complete bears team ive seen in a while too...great RB, great SP, good QB, good D.

You can argue that Cutler was near a top 5 QB in the league before this too....Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brees, then I think Cutler had as much of an arguement as anyone else

I was thinking the same thing...could Hanie be the next Tom Brady? Haha.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
To be fair, those passes were quite short, but the receivers got some decent YAC on them.

Sources are saying he will need surgery. We'll know for sure tomorrow when they perform more tests.

Now if that is true.. then he is gone.

This is so s***ty. I really hope we get him back for the playoffs, if we get there. I guess the only thing i feel good about, is that we'll have to ask our defense to carry us there. And if there's a group of guys that has proven they'll do that, it's them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
This is so s***ty. I really hope we get him back for the playoffs, if we get there. I guess the only thing i feel good about, is that we'll have to ask our defense to carry us there. And if there's a group of guys that has proven they'll do that, it's them.

If 2005 Kyle Orton can win 10 games, so can Caleb Hanie.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)

I'd like to see the difference between Ben's thumb and Cutler's. In no way am I questioning Cutler's toughness meatheads. They call both injuries a broken thumb, but I wonder how truly broken one is compared to the other. A fractured bone could be different than every bone in the thumb being smashed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
I'd like to see the difference between Ben's thumb and Cutler's. In no way am I questioning Cutler's toughness meatheads. They call both injuries a broken thumb, but I wonder how truly broken one is compared to the other. A fractured bone could be different than every bone in the thumb being smashed.

Depends where its broken. Jim Miller explained it perfectly on CSN. If it's toward the base.. then it's a problem. If it's more towards the tip, it'll hurt like hell, but you can still play through it. Dan Marino had his broken and just wrapped it up, and put a sling on it and played. (noone knew it was broken)

At the absolute bottom line...the s***ty turf caused the most important player on the team the rest of (at least) the regular season.

Expect the turf problem to get a ton of ink now, and finally possibly change. THIS is perhaps what it was going to take. Ridiculous.

Yes, this really sucks, but people jumping off the bridge already is a bit over the top. Caleb Hanie and the Bears D/ST can beat at least 3 of OAK/KC/DEN/SEA/GB/MIN. That's 2 really s***ty teams (SEA/MIN), 2 bad teams (DEN/KC), 1 good team (OAK) and Green Bay.