Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
Yes, this really sucks, but people jumping off the bridge already is a bit over the top. Caleb Hanie and the Bears D/ST can beat at least 3 of OAK/KC/DEN/SEA/GB/MIN. That's 2 really s***ty teams (SEA/MIN), 2 bad teams (DEN/KC), 1 good team (OAK) and Green Bay.

I still believe the Bears will make the playoffs but they are completely f***ed. Even if Jay comes back for the playoffs I really doubt he would be able to step right onto the field and play at the same level he has been lately. He seemed to really developed a good rhythm with the improved line and was starting to really get into a groove with some of the receivers. That stuff is hard to just immediately pick up during an NFL playoff game.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
I still believe the Bears will make the playoffs but they are completely f***ed. Even if Jay comes back for the playoffs I really doubt he would be able to step right onto the field and play at the same level he has been lately. He seemed to really developed a good rhythm with the improved line and was starting to really get into a groove with some of the receivers. That stuff is hard to just immediately pick up during an NFL playoff game.

This is pretty much how I feel.

I find it absolutely a joke that Downers South, Downers North, Hinsdale South, Marist and a whole slew of other high schools in the area have a superior playing surface than the professional team. Why do they do it, well its cheaper in the long run and safer. Yet once again, we have painted dirt that players slip on like its ice skating. Now granted, the actual play that Cutler broke his hand might not of been on that Knox slip. Knox might not have slipped because he was on a patch of painted dirt. In the end though, its a well known fact about the playing surface at Solider field. Next summer we will go through the same run around where people try to tell us that painted dirt is safer than field turf.

And by the way, anyone who questioned Jay's toughness, you probably contributed to this mess. If Cutler doesn't have in the back of his mind that a significant section of the Bears fan base through he b****ed out during the playoffs last year, I really doubt he chases after Cason as hard as he did.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 07:35 AM)
And by the way, anyone who questioned Jay's toughness, you probably contributed to this mess. If Cutler doesn't have in the back of his mind that a significant section of the Bears fan base through he b****ed out during the playoffs last year, I really doubt he chases after Cason as hard as he did.

I think you are looking way too much into that, he did what every qb should have done in that situation and we don't even know if that's what caused the injury.

Next week if the bears beat Oakland I don't see anyway they don't make playoffs even with Caleb hanie, so hopefully the defense is ready to catch some Palmer passes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 07:35 AM)

No.

I never once questioned Jay, but no to the above. He's going to try to make that tackle.

From what I'm hearing, Jay hurt his thumb in the beginning of the game, and then made it much, much worse (torn ligaments) on that tackle.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
Nothing like going into a media black hole following the win last night only to wake up this morning to find out the season is essentially over.

speaking of black holes

I thought the season was over 5 weeks ago when everyone was agreeing with you?

This is the very definition of the air being let out of the sails. I've never seen a Bears offense look like this, and that was 100% on Jay Cutler playing his best football. His movement in the pocket has disguised a bad offensive line as adequate, his throws to open players has made guys who run fast look like receivers, and his improved decision-making and rocket arm had him playing as well as any quarterback in the game.

This isn't just "put Hanie in and see what happens", this is tragic. This injury has ended to 2011 season, even if we make the playoffs. Without question, the Bears were improving to the point that they were going to challenge Green Bay in the playoffs, of this I have no doubt. The injury bug has bit hard, and in the absolute worst possible spot.

I'm hoping for good news following an MRI today, but we all know what is coming: torn ligaments, best case scenario out until the Wild Card round of the playoffs. That won't happen. Jay Cutler's season ended last night, and with that the most promising stretch in my Bears lifetime.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)

Oh my.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)

no... that's just what kind of player Cutler is. He played that way in Denver too. This is the same guy who blocked Jared Allen on a play, and in the same game ran into a defender to get pushed out of bounds instead of sliding. He does that type of thing all the time which is why the "tough" s*** made no sense to me.

If the bears make the playoffs the season is not over. ITS NOT OVER UNTIL I SAY IT'S OVER. DID THE BILLS FOLD AGAINST THE OILERS WITH THEIR BACKUP QB AND DOWN 5 TOUCHDOWNS? NO. GOD DAMN IT WE ARE GOING TO BEAT EVERYONE

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 09:26 AM)
This is the very definition of the air being let out of the sails. I've never seen a Bears offense look like this, and that was 100% on Jay Cutler playing his best football. His movement in the pocket has disguised a bad offensive line as adequate, his throws to open players has made guys who run fast look like receivers, and his improved decision-making and rocket arm had him playing as well as any quarterback in the game.

This isn't just "put Hanie in and see what happens", this is tragic. This injury has ended to 2011 season, even if we make the playoffs. Without question, the Bears were improving to the point that they were going to challenge Green Bay in the playoffs, of this I have no doubt. The injury bug has bit hard, and in the absolute worst possible spot.

I'm hoping for good news following an MRI today, but we all know what is coming: torn ligaments, best case scenario out until the Wild Card round of the playoffs. That won't happen. Jay Cutler's season ended last night, and with that the most promising stretch in my Bears lifetime.

lol. Dramatic much? They weren't going to beat the Packers anyway.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
lol. Dramatic much? They weren't going to beat the Packers anyway.

Yeah, this is basically the only solace I am taking in this mess...

Obviously you never know what might happen in any one game, and who knows, Rodgers could sustain the same injury...but we aren't even the best team in our division this year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 09:26 AM)

....Really?

Everyone keeps saying they wouldn't be the Packers anyways, I'll go a step further, they wouldn't have even beaten the Saints in NO in the first round...........which is what the scenario would be if things started today.

49ers vs. Packers NFC Championship - It's going to happen

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
....Really?

I have never once been confident in a Bears team until the last few weeks.

Even the Super Bowl year no one actually thought the Bears would do anything. We kept waiting to be disappointed. This year, these past few weeks, the team looked focking amazing in most every aspect of the game, and the coaches were making all the right decisions.

I believe we could beat the saints. Our oline is much better than what it was that game, which was close until frank f***ing omiyale let a defender breeze past and strip cutler that lead to a TD. We're a much better defensive team than in week 2 as well. You guys are babies.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
I believe we could beat the saints. Our oline is much better than what it was that game, which was close until frank f***ing omiyale let a defender breeze past and strip cutler that lead to a TD. We're a much better defensive team than in week 2 as well. You guys are babies.

The line isn't much better at all. What's been better is Cutler has been abosuluetly amazing and avoiding sacks and getting the ball out just in time to a receiver. How many times in the last few weeks has he been tied up by the legs and made an amazing play. He wasn't doing all that before.

The line still sucks, and starting next week it will once again be exposed.

Also, the Defense isn't all that much better. What the hell happened yesterday? Green Bay or NO would have a field day on that secondary...

Edited by HeGone33