Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Forte > Gore.

Absolutely though Gore is damn good as well.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Anyone think Rodgers will pass the 50 TD mark this year?

He needs to average a little over 3 TD a game to get there.

Tough to say but I'd probably lean towards no. Yesterday even though he was still terrific for anyone else, he actually looked human. First time all yr he's made more than 3 off target throws all game, true story...

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Gore is about to become the 49ers all time leading rusher behind names like Craig, Watters, Hearst and Perry...

When Forte has the career Gore has, I'll hear you out...

And going by your logic, Philip Rivers is better than Cutler.........

Actually you're the one using past season stats to justify an opinion so technically by your logic Rivers is better than Cutler...

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
Gore is about to become the 49ers all time leading rusher behind names like Craig, Watters, Hearst and Perry...

I don't give a crap about careers, I care about who is better now. If we had Brett Favre as our QB would his 20 year career matter, no, what he did for me this year would matter in terms of who is better now. If two players were equal I might put more weight on previous seasons as potential evidence of who you might be able to expect to continue at a certain pace.

Since Forte has joined the league he's 3rd in yards from scrimmage behind Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson. The guy had one not so good season and it was when he played the full-season with a partially torn hamstring. In no world is Gore better than Forte at this stage in their careers. And this isn't a knock on Gore.

Oh, if Cutler stays healthy, he will probably set every record in the Bears books, doesn't make him better than Aaron Rodgers (who, most likely, will not set every Packer QB passing record).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
I don't give a crap about careers, I care about who is better now. If we had Brett Favre as our QB would his 20 year career matter, no, what he did for me this year would matter in terms of who is better now. If two players were equal I might put more weight on previous seasons as potential evidence of who you might be able to expect to continue at a certain pace.

Since Forte has joined the league he's 3rd in yards from scrimmage behind Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson. The guy had one not so good season and it was when he played the full-season with a partially torn hamstring. In no world is Gore better than Forte at this stage in their careers. And this isn't a knock on Gore.

Oh, if Cutler stays healthy, he will probably set every record in the Bears books, doesn't make him better than Aaron Rodgers (who, most likely, will not set every Packer QB passing record).

You say you don't care about careers just now, but then your whole 2nd paragraph is about careers, points in careers, etc.

Forte has 56 more yards than Gore. Gore had 5 straight games with 100+ yards rushing Gore has more rushing TDs this year. By your own arguement, these two players this year are extremely close and therfore you would look at previous years, well again, look at Gore's career. Let's not forget Gore didn't do a damn thing in his first few years, so he's pretty much done all this in 5 years.

Edited by HeGone33

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
You say you don't care about careers just now, but then your whole 2nd paragraph is about careers, points in careers, etc.

Forte has 56 more yards than Gore. Gore had 5 straight games with 100+ yards rushing Gore has more rushing TDs this year. By your own arguement, these two players this year are extremely close and therfore you would look at previous years, well again, look at Gore's career. Let's not forget Gore didn't do a damn thing in his first few years, so he's pretty much done all this in 5 years.

If you were starting a team today, would you choose Gore or Forte?

You're going to have a hard time convincing me that an overwhelming majority wouldn't take Forte.

Gore has more TD's?

May as well argue that wins are the most important pitching stat. Forte has less TDs because the Bears let Barber vulture them.

What Forte can control is yards per carry and yards per catch, which are both better than Gore. Gore is solid, Forte is just better today.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
May as well argue that wins are the most important pitching stat. Forte has less TDs because the Bears let Barber vulture them

There's no "Vulturing" here.

For whatever reason, Forte is actually pretty bad at getting into the end zone in short yardage situations. He doesn't move piles and he can't jump. He needs the wide open hole to break into the end zone and doesn't get that often on straight-ahead goal line runs.

Forte needs someone like Barber as his backup to get those yards.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
Gore has more TD's?

May as well argue that wins are the most important pitching stat. Forte has less TDs because the Bears let Barber vulture them.

What Forte can control is yards per carry and yards per catch, which are both better than Gore. Gore is solid, Forte is just better today.

My point in saying he had more TD's was that is as dumb as saying Forte is better because he has 56 more yards rushing. And as for the yards per catch, is Gore supposed to control how often they throw his way?

Forte isn't a better RB today........

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)

You are talking about career. Right now, Gore is not better than Forte.

Forte's yard per carry is 5.0.

Gore is 4.6

Its not about rushing yards, its about who is the most productive every time they touch the ball. There are 3 backs with 150+ touches and 5 yards or better per carry (McCoy, Forte and Fred Jackson).

Forte 11 20+ yard runs, Gore 8. Only McCoy, Jackson and Forte have double digit 20 yard runs. Its not a huge difference, but it further shows who the most explosive runners are this year.

As for needing Barber, Forte can get in the endzone if you gave him 2-3 tries at point blank range.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
Why, because he has 56 more rushing yards in 3 less attempts? Or because he is a Chicago Bear?

Someone is getting desperate.

Forte also has over 300 more receiving yards.

A lot of NFL RBs are really interchangeable. That being said, Gore and Forte are not. I'll take the guy who stays healthy - Forte.

Forte - 16/16/16/10 = 100% of games

Gore - 14/16/15/14/14/11/10 = 84% of games

Forte has 1,391 total yards this season, Gore has 962.

Forte comprises 40% of his team's total offense, Gore comprises 29%. The Bears are/were a better passing team than the 49ers this season, yet Forte is still shining.

Gore is also 28. In two years he falls off a cliff. Forte is 25. No brainer there as well.

It's really not even close.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
A lot of NFL RBs are really interchangeable. That being said, Gore and Forte are not. I'll take the guy who stays healthy - Forte.

Forte - 16/16/16/10 = 100% of games

Gore - 14/16/15/14/14/11/10 = 84% of games

Okay, here is another reference to a career, not today.

Forte has 1,391 total yards this season, Gore has 962.

We've already been over this one, Gore cannot control how many throws come his way. Totally different offense over the last 4 years. For God sake until this year the 49ers couldn't complete passes to anyone.

Forte comprises 40% of his team's total offense, Gore comprises 29%. The Bears are/were a better passing team than the 49ers this season, yet Forte is still shining.

Again, based on offensive scheme. Forte hasn't really shined the last few weeks, neither has Gore but I didn't say he is.

Gore is also 28. In two years he falls off a cliff. Forte is 25. No brainer there as well.

Whatever age someone is two years from today does not make them better or worse today.

It's really not even close.

It really is. Gore could run for 150 yards on 15 carries on Thursday while Forte could run 10 carries 38 yards Sunday. Then all the stats favor Gore again.

HeGone33, you're just being weird. If we use career stats (which say yay Forte) that's no good. If we use seasonal stats (which say yay Forte) that's no good. So basically, you just like Gore but have no reasoning other than eye test.

Durability is something where career comes in play.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
HeGone33, you're just being weird. If we use career stats (which say yay Forte) that's no good. If we use seasonal stats (which say yay Forte) that's no good. So basically, you just like Gore but have no reasoning other than eye test.

Durability is something where career comes in play.

Where are these career stats? Only career stat is yards per catch, which I'm not saying Gore is the better receiver.

I've had 3 people warn me I won't win vs. the Homers here, I can see why......you people probably haven't even watched Gore in a game since they played CHI in 2009

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
Where are these career stats? Only career stat is yards per catch, which I'm not saying Gore is the better receiver.

I've had 3 people warn me I won't win vs. the Homers here, I can see why......you people probably haven't even watched Gore in a game since they played CHI in 2009

I've seen every Gore snap this yr and I'm not a Bears fan...

Gore is on my fantasy team, I can remember Gore when he played in Miami and was drafted in the 2nd round.

Ive seen Gore play numerous times.

You wont win, because Im not sure anyone but a 49er fan would take Gore over Forte today. There just is no evidence that Gore is better today.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
I think the Bears should bring back Todd Collins. That would be cool.

I think the Packers should bench Aaron Rodgers. That guy sucks, don't you agree? Holding that team back all the way.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
Never even heard of this Rodgers fellow. What position does he play?

He's like a nickelback or something. The Bears need one, maybe Thompson can trick Angelo into thinking he got a deal?