Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
Wow, life long White Sox fan here. Have loved this site since 2004, thought people here were more knowledgeable and accepting of opinions.

Maybe I should have realized that just because the Bears have won a few games, they are better than a team they couldn't beat earlier this year. There's no argumentt at all in that statement. Next time, I'll just take the guys word for it.

I still love how I'm a troll in an NFL thread, that's the best one....

Just because NO beat Chicago at the beginning of the season doesn't necessarily make them the better team, division teams split their series all the time, Detroit beat Chicago then the Bears walloped them at home, how do you know NO would beat the Bears in Soldier Field since they are the better team according to you?With a healthy Cutler at home, the Bears would beat the Saints, book it.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Where are these career stats? Only career stat is yards per catch, which I'm not saying Gore is the better receiver.

I've had 3 people warn me I won't win vs. the Homers here, I can see why......you people probably haven't even watched Gore in a game since they played CHI in 2009

I go to the bar every Sunday to watch games. There is a reason people were talking about Forte being an MVP. I haven't heard that same talk regarding Gore. It isn't a knock. Gore is a very good RB but he's not as good as Forte.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
I go to the bar every Sunday to watch games. There is a reason people were talking about Forte being an MVP. I haven't heard that same talk regarding Gore. It isn't a knock. Gore is a very good RB but he's not as good as Forte.

Bears fans who think Forte is better than Gore must be homers, damn the stats, so according to HeGone33, Packer fans who say Rodgers is the best QB right now must be homer fans too.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Bears fans who think Forte is better than Gore must be homers, damn the stats, so according to HeGone33, Packer fans who say Rodgers is the best QB right now must be homer fans too.

Yeah, I dont understand how people actually using stats are homers. Usually its the other way around.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
system

Its not only the system. A lot of TEs have come through that team before those two, and none of them have had the kind of success that both of them are having. Tom Brady loves to throw to them, but they are strong and both of them are fast for TEs, they make a lot of plays

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
Its not only the system. A lot of TEs have come through that team before those two, and none of them have had the kind of success that both of them are having. Tom Brady loves to throw to them, but they are strong and both of them are fast for TEs, they make a lot of plays

Belichick has built the system around them. Yes, they are talented and athletic, but they aren't the greatest TEs in football, and Gronkowski physically is no better than Greg Olsen. It's the system. Belichick has decided he wants to make a showcase of his TE's and that is what is happening. He decided years ago he wanted Brady to set the TD record, and it happened as well.

I credit it all to Belichick, not some new wave, "oh my god the Pats somehow have the two best TE's in the game", theory.