Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Bears fans who think Forte is better than Gore must be homers, damn the stats, so according to HeGone33, Packer fans who say Rodgers is the best QB right now must be homer fans too.

Yea, damn those 56 more rushing yards he has than Gore!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
BradBiggs Brad Biggs

Mike Klis of Denver Post reports Orton invited release from Broncos after Jay Cutler was injured. Would invite a return to Chicago.

I'd rather have Hanie for real. But I guess NeckBeard is another good option, at least for a few games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
BradBiggs Brad Biggs

Mike Klis of Denver Post reports Orton invited release from Broncos after Jay Cutler was injured. Would invite a return to Chicago.

And it wouldn't cost much more than million bucks to bring him back.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
I'd rather have Hanie for real. But I guess NeckBeard is another good option, at least for a few games.

I would assume Hanie has the job but Bears need another back up until Cutler returns.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Really you almost have to bring him back, even if the system has changed. You need the depth anyway

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a legitimate backup option moving forward if you can ink him to a deal. If that report out of Denver is correct and Kyle likes it here, let him take the helm until Jay's healthy and sign him up to a reasonable backup rate and stop the joke that is backup QB play in Chicago.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
Yeah, it'd be nice to have a legitimate backup option moving forward if you can ink him to a deal. If that report out of Denver is correct and Kyle likes it here, let him take the helm until Jay's healthy and sign him up to a reasonable backup rate and stop the joke that is backup QB play in Chicago.

Who cares about inking him to a deal right now. Worry about such things in the offseason. The Bears need a body who can throw the ball in the backup QB slot. it's really that simple.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
Who cares about inking him to a deal right now. Worry about such things in the offseason. The Bears need a body who can throw the ball in the backup QB slot. it's really that simple.

No s***, Sherlock. The added bonus is that you could make him your franchise backup moving forward, something that would be really valuable to a team that has seen its starter go down so often.

BradBiggs Brad Biggs

I almost figured the Ortons departure was linked with Cutler, makes too much sense.

As average as Orton is, do we REALLY want to have the Orton vs Cutler debate by meatballs? That being said, my inner meatball would love to see Orton light up Denver as the Bears QB on December 11th.

How fitting would it be that the Bears go into Denver and obliterate the Tebow option offense and Orton throws 2+ TDs?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Oh, and even though I think its against NFL rules, you have to imagine the Bears made some sort of verbal commitment to Orton's agent that in they would indeed pick him up. Thats one hell of a risk for Orton to make on blind faith the Bears want him back.

As average as Orton is, do we REALLY want to have the Orton vs Cutler debate by meatballs? That being said, my inner meatball would love to see Orton light up Denver as the Bears QB on December 11th.

How fitting would it be that the Bears go into Denver and obliterate the Tebow option offense and Orton throws 2+ TDs?

2 NFL QB's have been playing better than Jay Cutler this season; there is no debate. When Cutler comes back he is the starter, Orton would have to break the single season TD record in 7 weeks to even make it a debate.

Even the meatballs know this.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
Forte has also been in a Martz system which utilizes a RB as a receiver more than any other system in football........

That didnt stop Faulk from being a hall of famer

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
2 NFL QB's have been playing better than Jay Cutler this season; there is no debate. When Cutler comes back he is the starter, Orton would have to break the single season TD record in 7 weeks to even make it a debate.

Even the meatballs know this.

oh... you have too much faith in meatball nation.

For the record: i would welcome Orton back as the temp starter until Cutler is back. While not great, he's better than Haine.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
oh... you have too much faith in meatball nation.

For the record: i would welcome Orton back as the temp starter until Cutler is back. While not great, he's better than Haine.

For the first week, it would have to be Hanie, just because of the system. From that point on, the starter is whoever is ready.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Oh, and even though I think its against NFL rules, you have to imagine the Bears made some sort of verbal commitment to Orton's agent that in they would indeed pick him up. Thats one hell of a risk for Orton to make on blind faith the Bears want him back.

The timing is too suspect. I have a feeling he'll tell other teams that he's not interested in playing for them.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
As average as Orton is, do we REALLY want to have the Orton vs Cutler debate by meatballs?

The day this team starts making moves based on what meatballs will or won't say is the day I swear off of NFL football.