Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
I think it's steelers and pack behind the bears, no? Maybe I'm wrong.

This waiver wire is confusing.

The 49ers & the Packers are the only teams with a better record. There are 7 teams with a 7-3 record, but the Bears have the hardest strength of schedule out of all those teams, which makes them the "best" and lowest in waiver order, so they are 30th.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
Dude, they had Todd Collins last year.

They are saying all the right things, such as the "Hanie will start and Orton will backup" stories that are being leaked. That's what you say, because if KC claims him (highly likely) you can't have Hanie thinking he was going to get replaced and they have zero confidence in him.

Hanie probably starts this weekend regardless, but if the Bears are awarded the claim on Orton, he will absolutely be starting against the Chiefs at home the following week.

The question is, do the Chiefs want to blow $2.5 million with a 4-6 record? You'd think they'd look at all their injuries (DB's, Charles, Cassell, etc) and chalk it up, but who knows.

I disagree. I think Hanie starts until Cutler comes back, unless he plays like Todd Collins. Orton doesn't know the offense, wasn't exactly tearing it up in Denver either. I think the NeckBeard would strictly be signed to be a backup.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
The 49ers & the Packers are the only teams with a better record. There are 7 teams with a 7-3 record, but the Bears have the hardest strength of schedule out of all those teams, which makes them the "best" and lowest in waiver order, so they are 30th.

Gotcha, for some reason I thought it was ...nevermind i realize how stupid I was being.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
the packers should sign and start josh mccown

Per Rotoworld:

"Free agent Josh McCown is reportedly the "leading candidate" to be signed as Caleb Hanie's veteran backup in Chicago.

McCown is expected to be signed by Wednesday, so he can put in a full week of practice. The Bears needed a veteran who was familiar with the offense, and McCown played under OC Mike Martz (as well as DC Rod Marinelli) in Detroit back in 2006. He won't be a threat to Caleb Hanie's starting job."

Happy Thanksgiving!

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
Per Rotoworld:

"Free agent Josh McCown is reportedly the "leading candidate" to be signed as Caleb Hanie's veteran backup in Chicago.

McCown is expected to be signed by Wednesday, so he can put in a full week of practice. The Bears needed a veteran who was familiar with the offense, and McCown played under OC Mike Martz (as well as DC Rod Marinelli) in Detroit back in 2006. He won't be a threat to Caleb Hanie's starting job."

Happy Thanksgiving!

LOL, that is why I said that. You named the other "leading candidate"

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
I've got a friend named Ron who was a QB in college. He won two fewer Heismans than people said he would, but he has a good arm and I think somebody should sign him.

Ron Mexico?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
Yeah, I'd think they'd wait. If the Bears are looking at McCown, then that clearly means they believe a team like KC has claimed Orton.

It's always good to have a backup plan. They might THINK they'll get Orton, but the moment they find out another team took him, they can have McCown on a plane.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
It's always good to have a backup plan. They might THINK they'll get Orton, but the moment they find out another team took him, they can have McCown on a plane.

We should know in an hour or so.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Twitter is so great to read stupid people talk

D_CRose17 Darin

The Colts should try to get Kyle Orton. He's better that Curtis Painter. But i'm not a fan of Purdue. But we need a QB.

The Colts have to know that it is their best interest to suck as much as they possibly can this year. Make sure you get that first pick, and then you have options (draft a QB, or trade down)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
The Colts have to know that it is their best interest to suck as much as they possibly can this year. Make sure you get that first pick, and then you have options (draft a QB, or trade down)

I was more laughing at the "But I'm not a Purdue fan. But we need a QB."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Dude, they had Todd Collins last year.

They are saying all the right things, such as the "Hanie will start and Orton will backup" stories that are being leaked. That's what you say, because if KC claims him (highly likely) you can't have Hanie thinking he was going to get replaced and they have zero confidence in him.

Hanie probably starts this weekend regardless, but if the Bears are awarded the claim on Orton, he will absolutely be starting against the Chiefs at home the following week.

The question is, do the Chiefs want to blow $2.5 million with a 4-6 record? You'd think they'd look at all their injuries (DB's, Charles, Cassell, etc) and chalk it up, but who knows.

I completely disagree. The Bears will give Hanie every opportunity before handing things over to Orton. You have to remember that this offense isn't easy to learn. Heck, look at how long it took Palmer to get up to speed and he was pretty much jumping into an offense he was familiar with (having worked with the head coach when he was the OC in Cinncy).