Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
They're not 20-25 carries good.

The past couple weeks Barber looked better than Forte. Barber and Bell are fine. The Bears problem is the s*** they have at wideout (outside of Bennett) and Jay Cutler being hurt.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
The past couple weeks Barber looked better than Forte. Barber and Bell are fine. The Bears problem is the s*** they have at wideout (outside of Bennett) and Jay Cutler being hurt.

They're fine in their roles. Neither is capable of being a lead-back. When Forte went down, the running game went with him.

Edited by Jordan4life

SF defense is great but I can't see them winning a game in the playoffs against the likes of GB, NO, and maybe even Dallas and NY despite beating them already. Alex Smith is still Alex Smith and if Gore gets hurt again, they are screwed there. They just won't be able to score enough IMO.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Nice of you to troll when the Bears have a s***ty backup QB throwing passes. Bears had scored 30+ points in quite a few games with Cutler and were rolling on offense with Jay.

I'm not trolling. Just being objective. The Bears do not have a championship caliber offense. Earl Bennet? Are you serious. He's a 4th WR in GB or NO. The Bears go defense, special teams, offense. That's the way it's always been. That doesn't win anymore unless you're the Steelers.

With a healthy Cutler the NFC has about 5 teams better than almost all of the crap in the AFC. NFC is far superior to the AFC.

Again, the SB will not be played in Lambeau. That's a huge difference.

Oh, what a f***ing game to attend as my first non-preseason Bears game (so essentially my first game). It was great being there, but damn did we beat ourselves. I hope we lose out and get a better draft pick b/c even if we somehow make the playoffs, this team cannot compete anyway.

This football season, as a whole, has been the worst of my life. All of the best players from my two teams (UT and the Bears) have suffered serious injuries. I've hit rock bottom as a fan.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
The NFC is pretty crappy outside of the Niners, Saints, Falcons, maybe Dallas? I like the chances of an AFC team in a neutral setting beating GB much better than an NFC going into Lambeau.

Falcons? Cowboys? Really?

With a healthy Cutler the NFC has about 5 teams better than almost all of the crap in the AFC. NFC is far superior to the AFC.

I wouldn't say the NFC is far superior to the AFC. If you look at head to head matchups between the conferences this year, the AFC is winning 24-22 currently. But I do think the better teams are in the NFC.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
What? Yes. That's pretty much it. I don't think any team in the NFC has a chance to beat the Packers outside of the Saints. I was just naming the few good teams in the conference.

I'd put the Cowboys on that list, well before the Falcons.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
I'd put the Cowboys on that list, well before the Falcons.

Put them in any order you want. It's the Packers and everybody else in the NFC. Duke said the Bears, with a healthy Cutler, had as good a chance as anybody to beat the Packers. That doesn't mean much to me because the Packers are so much better than everybody else. So what if the Bears are the tallest midget. They had their chance last year when Rodgers was somewhat human and they had homefield advantage.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
What? Yes. That's pretty much it. I don't think any team in the NFC has a chance to beat the Packers outside of the Saints. I was just naming the few good teams in the conference.

Cowboys just lost to the Cardinals. Falcons have the same record as the Bears and the Bears rolled them in week 1...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I know Cutler is hurt. But the Bears are really hard to ever take seriously. They haven't fielded a legitimate offense since 19ninetynever. They pretty much go as far as their defense and special teams take them every year. In the 21st century, the game is geared towards the offensive side of the ball. Look at the teams that are getting to and winning the SB of late. Explosive aerial attacks, solid running games, above average defense and special teams.

Take out most teams top QBs and RBs and they wouldn't exactly be setting the world on fire.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
Cowboys just lost to the Cardinals. Falcons have the same record as the Bears and the Bears rolled them in week 1...

But they still have a higher ceiling than any NFC team other than possibly the Saints and Cutler Bears, IMO. They are 1-7 now in their last 8 trips to AZ, I believe. They definitely are not as good as the Packers. But the question was who was capable of beating the Packers.