Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd question: Why is the Denver @ Minnesota game on Fox? I thought all AFC road teams were on CBS and NFC road teams were on Fox? I'm assuming because there's more AFC road teams this week?

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/12/w...is-your-answer/

This week’s Detroit-New Orleans game was recently flexed to Sunday Night Football because the previously scheduled New England-Indianapolis game has turned out to be such a poor matchup.

Because of this switch, New England-Indianapolis became a 1:00 game; and since it features two AFC teams, it was added to CBS’ schedule.

However, this created the odd situation in which CBS would have had seven early games with FOX having only two. Thus, the Denver-Minnesota game was given to FOX to balance things out a little bit.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
after oakland and kc, if the bears think they still have a shot then unfortunately McNabb probably needs to be signed. Hanie just doesnt have it, even the manager/placeholder mentality is not there

I'd honestly rather them try to sign Favre.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
Bears need to sign some other QB, Hanie flat out sucks, the O line was miserable and his recievers dropped some balls but Hanie did misfire on a lot of throws that any QB worth his salt would make...

Doesn't matter anymore, they're toast without Forte + whatever scrub QB we get. Hope they lose out for the season so we can get a high draft pick JA can screw up for the 100th time.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
Doesn't matter anymore, they're toast without Forte + whatever scrub QB we get. Hope they lose out for the season so we can get a high draft pick JA can screw up for the 100th time.

I disagree...I think a competent quarterback could get them to 10-6 and a playoff spot and then you just hope Cutler can get back for the Minnesota game...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I disagree...I think a competent quarterback could get them to 10-6 and a playoff spot and then you just hope Cutler can get back for the Minnesota game...

I just don't think you're finding a competent QB that's gonna be any better than Hanie at this point. And I honestly thought we'd still end up at 13-3 before these 2 terrible losses, but not anymore, this offense is a disaster without Cutler and a stubborn Martz

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
I just don't think you're finding a competent QB that's gonna be any better than Hanie at this point. And I honestly thought we'd still end up at 13-3 before these 2 terrible losses, but not anymore, this offense is a disaster without Cutler and a stubborn Martz

You know, Hanie is just too susceptible to imploding on scoring drives. We've had too many drives get in FG or TD positions just implode for 0 points. If Hanie isn't going to get us 3rd down conversions and is also going to implode in the red zone, quite a few qbs can improve on that.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)

I think Favre would be an instant improvement, but I admit, I have no idea if he is even physically capable of playing again, let alone interested.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
I think Favre would be an instant improvement, but I admit, I have no idea if he is even physically capable of playing again, let alone interested.

Easy to say that, but:

• No idea what kind of shape he is in
  • He literally has nobody to throw to
  • Might get protection, might not
  • Offense has to change this late in the season

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
Easy to say that, but:

• No idea what kind of shape he is in
  • He literally has nobody to throw to
  • Might get protection, might not
  • Offense has to change this late in the season

Yes, the biggest obstacle would be picking up the offense.

No one to throw to? Come on....he would make Bennett his new best friend, and I can envision him throwing the ball as hard as he could down the field to Knox at least 3-4 times a game...:)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
Houston didn't want him. And TJ Yates looked a lot better yesterday than Caleb has looked so far.

Looking better than Caleb Hanie isn't really saying much.

Yates completed 48% of his passes for 188 yards. Not exactly tearing it up.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Looking better than Caleb Hanie is really saying much.

Yates completed 48% of his passes for 188 yards. Not exactly tearing it up.

And Yates also had a top 5 receiver to throw the ball to for 97 of those yards (until he got hurt again)