Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
So Aaron Rodgers isn't that good? He just has really good WR.

Aaron Rodgers is a very good QB. I never said he wasn't. To think that a huge change in scheme and a major downgrade in weapons wouldn't change his overall production, and therefore perception, is a bit farfetched though.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
So Aaron Rodgers isn't that good? He just has really good WR.

You need to improve your reading comprehension skills. His insanely loaded offense from top to bottom takes him from "great" to "best season of all-time".

No one is trying to say that Rodgers sucks.

I actually am in the minority here and think that Rodgers is making a lot of receivers look great. Its almost comical, but you can tell he is purposefully trying to spread the ball around and get everyone stats. Yesterday in the 4 TE set, you knew he was going to try and get the new guy the ball.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
So you guys all love Aaron Rodgers?

What is the point of this? Do I love Aaron Rodgers? No. Is he the best QB in the game today? Yes. Would Jay Cutler be kicking all ass in that offense? Yes. Would he be as good as Aaron Rodgers? No.

We get it. The Packers are 13-0. However, you seem to only be happy if we anoint Rodgers the greatest QB of All-Time, which I'm not prepared to do at this moment.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I actually am in the minority here and think that Rodgers is making a lot of receivers look great. Its almost comical, but you can tell he is purposefully trying to spread the ball around and get everyone stats. Yesterday in the 4 TE set, you knew he was going to try and get the new guy the ball.

It goes both ways. He is really good and he has really good WR and TE.

Jordy Nelson has really come around this year. Jennings is still the best they have, so I hope his injury wasn't too serious.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
What is the point of this? Do I love Aaron Rodgers? No. Is he the best QB in the game today? Yes. Would Jay Cutler be kicking all ass in that offense? Yes. Would he be as good as Aaron Rodgers? No.

We get it. The Packers are 13-0. However, you seem to only be happy if we anoint Rodgers the greatest QB of All-Time, which I'm not prepared to do at this moment.

I'm not saying he's the best ever or anywhere close.

I was mostly just giving Bear fans a hard time.

They have good WR's and TE's. Jennings is the most talented but hes not a clear cut #1 (imagine what Rodgers could do with a guy like Dez Bryant, etc.)

The guys are solid, but they dont have any freak wr's who are just going to go out and abuse cb's. They have a QB who abuses the cb's and wr's who make the catches.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)

Congrats. The whole f***ing world can see the Packers are 13-0 and haven't lost a game in a calendar year, and they are the reigning Super Bowl Champions.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
So you guys all love Aaron Rodgers?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
I'm not saying he's the best ever or anywhere close.

STOP.

That is the only warning you're going to get.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Congrats. The whole f***ing world can see the Packers are 13-0 and haven't lost a game in a calendar year, and they are the reigning Super Bowl Champions.

And after next week, the Green Bay Packers will not have lost a game in a fiscal year either, large in part because of the QB play of Aaron Rodgers.

Ok Ok, lets not get out of control here because GoSox05 is a Packers fan. Truth be told, he could be rubbing our noses in it and he hasnt. Recognize a little ribbing from him and let it go. Us bears fans are sore about yesterdays game, lets talk about how much Barber pisses us off instead

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Possible even a TD run which would have sealed a win, but no, instead he fumbles and there goes the Bears season.

Cost them the game, but the Bears season ended a few weeks ago when the QB went down because Knox can't run a route.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
Ok Ok, lets not get out of control here because GoSox05 is a Packers fan. Truth be told, he could be rubbing our noses in it and he hasnt. Recognize a little ribbing from him and let it go. Us bears fans are sore about yesterdays game, lets talk about how much Barber pisses us off instead

That's what we were doing.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
I was bathing in the Bears kool-aid like never before. I honestly thought we'd win out and end the packers run. So bad

If Cutler doesn't get hurt they are probably 10-3 right now.

So I don't really think that was bathing in kool-aid. They were playing well.