Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
If Cutler doesn't get hurt they are probably 10-3 right now.

So I don't really think that was bathing in kool-aid. They were playing well.

You are earning some points back after the Rodgers baiting. Well done, sir.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were playing well, but there isn't one legitimate reason for anyone to believe they were going to beat the Packers..not one. Same goes for the rest of the NFC, doesn't matter what anyone is doing, they aren't going up to Green Bay and winning in the playoffs. So as a 49ers fan, I say thank God Derrick Rose is back......

By bathing I mean legitimately thinking they could beat anyone. In '06 and last year, while fun, I knew they didn't have a chance at winning it all. But with a somehow still clicking defense, ridiculous ST, and finally a respectable offense I thought there was a chance for the first time.

Playing anything above "completely terrible" on offense would have won each of the last three games.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
They were playing well, but there isn't one legitimate reason for anyone to believe they were going to beat the Packers..not one. Same goes for the rest of the NFC, doesn't matter what anyone is doing, they aren't going up to Green Bay and winning in the playoffs. So as a 49ers fan, I say thank God Derrick Rose is back......

I'm still concerned about New Orleans. I know they don't play as well on the road, but they are the one team that can keep up with the Packers scoring.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)

dude, it's the nfl, lesser teams beat better teams all the time.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
By bathing I mean legitimately thinking they could beat anyone. In '06 and last year, while fun, I knew they didn't have a chance at winning it all. But with a somehow still clicking defense, ridiculous ST, and finally a respectable offense I thought there was a chance for the first time.

Considering GB has played 10 times better this year than last, how in the world could you be more confident the Bears could beat anyone this year and win it all versus last year? Throw in home field in the NFC Champ Game

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)

I wouldn't pick against the Pack, but I could see the Saints or the Giants giving them a good fight.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
I'm still concerned about New Orleans. I know they don't play as well on the road, but they are the one team that can keep up with the Packers scoring.

Yup. The only way to beat the Packers is to score the football. You're not going to beat them 14-10. I know the Bears were playing well before Cutler got hurt. But I never bought them as a viable SB threat. Not with their WR core and o-line.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
Packers are going to be harder to beat in a neutral setting than Lambeau. They are built for pristine conditions, not terrible ones. Catching a pass in negative wind chill is drastically harder than in 70 and indoor.

Which simply means it's harder for the other teams too, and those teams don't play up in GB on a regular basis.....

GB offense in bad conditions > every other NFC offense in bad conditions

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
Thats not true, a team that would rely more on running the ball would do better.

A team like the Giants could be tough match up in the cold, considering GB only beat them by 3 points in good conditions with a healthy Greg Jennings

The Giants? Their running game sucks this year.

If Brandon Jacobs and Bradshaw are healthy their running game is decent. Jacobs had a 7.4 ypc average against GB and 5.3 against Dallas. They havent run for a lot of yards this year, but thats a combination of things (one of them being Manning throwing for a ton of yards and the other being their defense giving up a lot of points.)

That being said, the NFC just doesnt have a ton of run based attacks. Which is why I never said that the Giants were a great run team, just that they would rely more on the run.

(edit)

If you look at the possible playoff teams in the NFC, almost all of them are going to rely on aerial attacks. Id take the Giants running game over Atlanta, NO, Dallas, Detroit and San Fran.

Edited by Soxbadger

This reminds me of the NCAA season, the two best teams would have been in the same division.