Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
I like lovie I just want a gm who is okay with keeping him

Given the age of our defensive core, it makes sense to keep Lovie and the defensive staff together for another year. Have to figure that Pep, Urlacher, Briggs and Tillman have at most 2 (most likely 1) year left playing at an elite level. Let them play out their prime and then determine if Lovie is the coach of the future. The new GM can focus on plugging holes on D and starting the rebuild of the offense now.

Angelo deserved to lose his job, and the timing is pretty good as well.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)

Lovie is the least of our problems, Bears were looking pretty damn good before Cutler got hurt and the nightmare known as Hanie began.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)
Reggie McKenzie is a name you are going to hear a lot of. Director of Football Operations from the Packers.

Oakland also might take a look at him.

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs

Worth wondering - would #Bears consider #Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
What exactly have Gar Forman & Jed Hoyer accomplished as GMs?

Gar Forman has proven to be pretty good, but you're right about both. KW has a championship and they don't. Granted, right now both are doing better, but neither have the all-important ring.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
Hub is reporting on The Score that Irsay went to Bill Polian and told him to fire his son (there were people revolting inside the organization against Chris), and Bill refused, so they both got fired. Hub said the Bears should call Bill Polian right away.

Because the Colts showed this season that they have a stockpile of talent after Manning... I'll pass on Polian.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
Brad Biggs @BradBiggs

Worth wondering - would #Bears consider #Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie?

Interesting choice. I personally would like a proven commodity, but beyond Cowher/Fisher who probably want to coach, McKenzie might be the best first-time GM candidate. If we hire from another organization, I would hope it would be from Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
Interesting choice. I personally would like a proven commodity, but beyond Cowher/Fisher who probably want to coach, McKenzie might be the best first-time GM candidate. If we hire from another organization, I would hope it would be from Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

absolutely.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:28 AM)
Because the Colts showed this season that they have a stockpile of talent after Manning... I'll pass on Polian.

The point Hub was making is that many in the Colts org feel that the team went down hill after Bill turned the team over to his son. The drafts and player management was bad after Chris took over. Bill built it, and Chris ruined it.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)
The point Hub was making is that many in the Colts org feel that the team went down hill after Bill turned the team over to his son. The drafts and player management was bad after Chris took over. Bill built it, and Chris ruined it.

That might be, but Bill still had veto power I would assume. If he thought Chris was making bad personnel decisions he should have stopped it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
That might be, but Bill still had veto power I would assume. If he thought Chris was making bad personnel decisions he should have stopped it.

This is why you never work with/for family/friends. My dad learned this one the hard way.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)
I just wonder who will be next to blame when the Bears continue to suck..........

Dude, Lovie wasn't canned, so that choice is obvious. Also, anything McCaskey.

I'd love it if they hired McKenzie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
Dude, Lovie wasn't canned, so that choice is obvious. Also, anything McCaskey.

I'd love it if they hired McKenzie.

Hard to single them out right now, they(as in George) did what we have been asking them to do for the past 3 years.

Besides, Hegone33 is just trying to get a rise out of bears fans right now, since his perennial contender 49ers has shown everyone how to win their division with regularity over the past 5 years like the Bears have. Oh, wait.....