Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Alex is a free agent at the end of this season. He had a great season this year and won us some huge games.

Harbaugh has a lot of faith in him

He recently said he wants him back next year as well. If anyone has watched him the last 5 years, and watched him this year, they will note that he was a completely differen't QB this year. He's making strides, I'd like to have him back as well

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most childish fight I've ever seen on this board. I really don't know why you guys are fighting as our teams don't play in the same division and no real rivalry. Both teams are historically great, Bears floundered this year and the the 49ers excel. Bears have been better over the past decade, but haven't been a model franchise. Both suck at drafting QBs like most of the NFL.

Now can it stop?

I've no beef with the Bears. My cousin plays for them. My debate is with the fans who think the 49ers doesn't have a shot at beating the Saints or Packers.

He recently said he wants him back next year as well. If anyone has watched him the last 5 years, and watched him this year, they will note that he was a completely differen't QB this year. He's making strides, I'd like to have him back as well

it would be great to see Alex back with the 49ers

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
This is the most childish fight I've ever seen on this board. I really don't know why you guys are fighting as our teams don't play in the same division and no real rivalry. Both teams are historically great, Bears floundered this year and the the 49ers excel. Bears have been better over the past decade, but haven't been a model franchise. Both suck at drafting QBs like most of the NFL.

Now can it stop?

I'll throw the olive branch and say the 49ers had Montana, Young and for a brief run, Garcia...we are the ones who have been terrible at drafting QBs :(

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
Through no fault of his own, Aaron Rodgers would be out of the NFL by now if the Bears drafted him. The Bears' system is just f***ed.

I agree, we need to pick the Green Bay FO's brain...just because you play in crappy weather doesn't mean we have to rely on a dominant D, running game, ST and a mediocre passing game to win, it's not the 40's anymore.Until we change that mentallity, we'll keep coming up short.

k nobody cares.

George McCaskey says that it was not hard to bite the money owed to angelo. It will not be a decision in finding the candidate now, and in the future money will not be considered for personnel decisions.

I hope this is truly the case.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)

Now can it stop?

My beef isn't with the Bear either. It's with the fans who jump down peoples throats with Superbowl chants when their team is on a two game winning streak......you give a little heat back and boom!

The Niners have had a great year, but as I've said before on here I know they won't end up winning what matters most..a ring.......That statement right there isn't something 90% of Bears fans would be able to make when their team is heading to the playoffs.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
My beef isn't with the Bear either. It's with the fans who jump down peoples throats with Superbowl chants when their team is on a two game winning streak......you give a little heat back and boom!

The Niners have had a great year, but as I've said before on here I know they won't end up winning what matters most..a ring.......That statement right there isn't something 90% of Bears fans would be able to make when their team is heading to the playoffs.

I don't know what Bears fans you know but we didn't exactly throw a parade when we lost to the Colts in the SB...you think we enjoy recalling 86 all the time? ;) :lol:

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)

Most Bears fans are also idiots. But not the ones on this board, so I don't understand why we're firing shots because people said they don't believe the 49ers could be the Packers. The Packers are really good. That's not an indictment of the 49ers.

The fact of the matter is we won't really know until the game happens, if both teams make it that far.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
Most Bears fans are also idiots. But not the ones on this board, so I don't understand why we're firing shots because people said they don't believe the 49ers could be the Packers. The Packers are really good. That's not an indictment of the 49ers.

The fact of the matter is we won't really know until the game happens, if both teams make it that far.

I wouldn't say asking who is next to blame when the Bears continue to suck is "firing a shot", it's a legitimate question IMO

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)

Most NFL fans are idiots.

I'd rather the 49ers knock off our biggest rivals, and if it were the Bears and 49ers in the NFC champ game, I bet Packer fans qould root against us, I've no problem with that :cheers

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
Most NFL fans are idiots.

I'd rather the 49ers knock off our biggest rivals, and if it were the Bears and 49ers in the NFC champ game, I bet Packer fans qould root against us, I've no problem with that :cheers

Amen to that, starting to like you Mex

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
I wouldn't say asking who is next to blame when the Bears continue to suck is "firing a shot", it's a legitimate question IMO

It felt like a shot, we were 7-3 and no doubt playoff bound before our starting QB and running back went down...most teams would drop off with that combo, we fell harder because Hanie sucked so hard though :(

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
anyone listening this?

The press conference? I listened. Mostly your typical BS you would expect. Good to hear that money wasn't a factor in firing Angelo and won't affect the future hire. I was nnoyed that they wouldn't delve into what Angelo did wrong "out of respect" for him. All they kept saying was that they need to close the talent gap between them & the rest of the division, which is obviously true. I would have liked to hear their exact criticism of Angelo, also how much the Cutler injury played a part in his firing.

I am a fan of Lovie as a coach, but holding onto him worries me a little, because some GMs may not want to take the job if they can't bring in their own coach.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
The press conference? I listened. Mostly your typical BS you would expect. Good to hear that money wasn't a factor in firing Angelo and won't affect the future hire. I was nnoyed that they wouldn't delve into what Angelo did wrong "out of respect" for him. All they kept saying was that they need to close the talent gap between them & the rest of the division, which is obviously true. I would have liked to hear their exact criticism of Angelo, also how much the Cutler injury played a part in his firing.

I am a fan of Lovie as a coach, but holding onto him worries me a little, because some GMs may not want to take the job if they can't bring in their own coach.

Pretty sure the talent gap was referring to what he did wrong. But if you want a good GM you'd probably be best served not airing the dirty laundry of the previous person.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
Pretty sure the talent gap was referring to what he did wrong. But if you want a good GM you'd probably be best served not airing the dirty laundry of the previous person.

Yeah, I don't see the need to detail the guys failings when it isn't a big job to figure out why he is unemployed.

The first order of business for our next GM is PROTECT our franchise QB with quality OLineman (first and foremost), find a #1 WR through free agency and start finding defensive replacements for our aging D through the draft.

Don't get cheap on us now, McCaskey.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)

I don't think of this as a problem. Lovie has shown a willingness to have his offense run in a multitude of different ways...the only way I see this being a problem is if they want to hire a defense-oriented GM who dislikes the Tampa-2 style of defense that the Bears play (although I am not really even sure how much of that we play anymore).

I'd like to see an offensive-minded GM brought in that isn't going to Holmgren us.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
What's the definition of Holmgrening?

Enveloping your entire organization in his fatness....thinking his success as the Packers head coach 15 years ago somehow still qualifies him to run your entire franchise from top to bottom...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
k nobody cares.

George McCaskey says that it was not hard to bite the money owed to angelo. It will not be a decision in finding the candidate now, and in the future money will not be considered for personnel decisions.

I hope this is truly the case.

He really said that? Forte will be happy to hear that, but you know it can't be true. How can money not be a factor in personnel decisions, especially in a league with a salary cap?