Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:07 AM)
No, and the Ravens can delay the process as long as they're in the playoffs.

Here's where renegging on that draft day trade is going to hurt the Bears.

DeCosta is drawing interest from multiple clubs.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
JayGlazer Jay Glazer

Bears promoting Mike Tice to offensive coordinator, putting him in charge of run game and pairing him w a passing game coach. Tice is OC tho

I don't hate this. It's better than losing Tice.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
I don't hate this. It's better than losing Tice.

I feel the same. I'm sure he will definitely be setting game plans for majority of runs but can he call pass plays? Hope he has more imagination than John Schoop.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)
I feel the same. I'm sure he will definitely be setting game plans for majority of runs but can he call pass plays? Hope he has more imagination than John Schoop.

They are hiring a passing game coordinator to work alongside him

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
So Tice will call running plays and someone else will call passing plays?

I think it's more likely they will design the passing offense with him, but he will call the plays.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
I think they were smart enough to know that no one would want to be the OC under a lame duck coach.

I disagree, I thought that this would happen for a long time. It keeps some continuity for cutler in language, and it's clear that the team really liked Tice, and want to give him the shot. I think Tice is a tremendous coach and I think if he succeeds here he should get another shot at OC. Obviously the moss rule failed for everyone, but I like the fact that he was so open to looking for those tendencies and working them in.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
I disagree, I thought that this would happen for a long time. It keeps some continuity for cutler in language, and it's clear that the team really liked Tice, and want to give him the shot. I think Tice is a tremendous coach and I think if he succeeds here he should get another shot at OC. Obviously the moss rule failed for everyone, but I like the fact that he was so open to looking for those tendencies and working them in.

I should clarify, I meant an OUTSIDE OC. Someone who would bring in his own system knwoing that in a year his boss (Lovie) could be fired.

I like this idea of how they are dealing with the OC position.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

This doesn't happen without it being run by Jay Cutler. I have a feeling he and Tice have had more than a few discussions on how they'd like to see things done in a non-Martz world. I expect to see Cutler's vast talents utilized moving forward.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
This doesn't happen without it being run by Jay Cutler. I have a feeling he and Tice have had more than a few discussions on how they'd like to see things done in a non-Martz world. I expect to see Cutler's vast talents utilized moving forward.

Totally agree. I think this is the year we see the Cutler offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
Totally agree. I think this is the year we see the Cutler offense.

Jay isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Drew Brees....he strikes me more as the type of guy that needs to be coachable instead of the kind of guy that needs to help coach.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Jay isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Drew Brees....he strikes me more as the type of guy that needs to be coachable instead of the kind of guy that needs to help coach.

You really have no basis for this.

Cutler has a degree from Vanderbilt. I'd bet he's capable of figuring some stuff out.