Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
Ravens Baltimore Ravens

#Ravens announce Director of Player Personnel Eric DeCosta "will continue with the team and is not going to interview with other teams."

Worth noting...the team actually can't prevent him from interviewing elsewhere after the Ravens are out of the playoffs. So if that's not his call, it could still change.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
Worth noting...the team actually can't prevent him from interviewing elsewhere after the Ravens are out of the playoffs. So if that's not his call, it could still change.

It was completely his call.

I've read on TalkBears that the Bears appear to be hiring Jeremy Bates. Has anyone else seen that or is that verified? If so, I'd be pretty exstatic. I think we'd see a similar but modified playbook with modified play-calling (and by modified, I mean similar to what we saw during Cutler's hot streak, plus more play action and rollouts).

I think this is probably the best case scenario as it will not recall a total revamp to the offense. The big key is to add a LT and #1 wideout. From there I'm pretty confident in the offense. On defense, the team could use a DE and CB. Plus they have to start looking for a young MLB that can play the cover 2.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
Scott Linehan was the OC under Tice.

It has been reported that Tice was involved for the playing calling for at least one full season in Minnesota

Edited by WHarris1

I guess Cutler has recommended the Titans QB coach but it sounds like Munchack absolutely loves him and no one expects the Bears to get permission for what would be a lateral move in title (although the Bears job will be more hands on and give him more experience).

There are also indications the Bears would be all over Koetter but everyone expects him to go to Atlanta, assuming he is let go from Jacksonville.

One interesting thing I saw for oline coach was ex-Bear Andy Heck.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
I guess Cutler has recommended the Titans QB coach but it sounds like Munchack absolutely loves him and no one expects the Bears to get permission for what would be a lateral move in title (although the Bears job will be more hands on and give him more experience).

There are also indications the Bears would be all over Koetter but everyone expects him to go to Atlanta, assuming he is let go from Jacksonville.

One interesting thing I saw for oline coach was ex-Bear Andy Heck.

I wonder if there's something we can do to jazz up the title that would make it a promotion.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
I wonder if there's something we can do to jazz up the title that would make it a promotion.

For assistant coaches I don't believe that matters. I might be wrong but I know the Bears were able to block Tice from interviewing with the Titans for an OC job. Teams are not able to block assistants for interviewing as a head coach though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
For assistant coaches I don't believe that matters. I might be wrong but I know the Bears were able to block Tice from interviewing with the Titans for an OC job. Teams are not able to block assistants for interviewing as a head coach though.

I know teams have gotten around stuff before by adding assistant head coach to their titles.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 7, 2012 -> 12:04 AM)
No and that was just me expressing hope it would happen. Now that it won't, I'm going to start typing a suicide note.

Both the guys you wanted for GM are gone. Who's next? I thought they were talking to someone from the Falcons, maybe.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 7, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)
Both the guys you wanted for GM are gone. Who's next? I thought they were talking to someone from the Falcons, maybe.

Les Snead is the guy from the Falcons. Other choices are Washington director of player personnel Morocco Brown who worked in the Bears FO from 01-08, Steve Keim(same job title) from Arizona, Jimmy Raye Jr., San Diego Chargers director of player personnel; Marc Ross, New York Giants director of college scouting; Ray Farmer, Kansas City Chiefs director of pro personnel; Lake Dawson, Tennessee Titans vice president of football operations; Will Lewis, Seattle Seahawks vice president of pro personnel; Louis Reddick, Philadelphia Eagles director of pro personnel; and Sheldon White, Detroit Lions vice president of pro personnel.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 7, 2012 -> 07:54 AM)
Les Snead is the guy from the Falcons. Other choices are Washington director of player personnel Morocco Brown who worked in the Bears FO from 01-08, Steve Keim(same job title) from Arizona, Jimmy Raye Jr., San Diego Chargers director of player personnel; Marc Ross, New York Giants director of college scouting; Ray Farmer, Kansas City Chiefs director of pro personnel; Lake Dawson, Tennessee Titans vice president of football operations; Will Lewis, Seattle Seahawks vice president of pro personnel; Louis Reddick, Philadelphia Eagles director of pro personnel; and Sheldon White, Detroit Lions vice president of pro personnel.

Lake Dawson? Is this the receiver from Notre Dame like 15 years ago?

I am in a similar position as Gould...I don't know much about many of these guys, but Jimmy Raye Jr sounds intriguing to me...the Chargers, despite their shortcomings on the field recently, have been as talented if not more talented than any team over the course of the last 5-7 years, IMHO.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 7, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
Ruskell as the GM is gaining some steam. If he's hired, the press conference was all garbage. As Geddy Lee has been known to belt out, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Adding to your comment and to quote the Who, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"...

I would be very disappointed if it's Ruskell, we need to think outside the box and bring someone in from a winning organization to bring in a new perspective.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1