Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
Phillip has the track record that is pretty darn good. I realize he struggled for a chunk this year but I don't know how you could argue that Cutler is better. Cutler is better physically than every QB in the league outside of potentially Rodgers/Cam. But there is more to football than just that.

I think Cutler is in that next tier of guys but I'd say Eli/Rivers are both ahead of Cutler at this point in time.

Eli for sure. Rivers has had some of the best weapons in the NFL his whole career and been in a pretty bad division and never seems to put it together. Hes also had the same coach for nearly his entire career I believe. It might be the Bears fan in me talking but what Ive seen from Cutler the past 2 seasons behind a garbage offensive line with probably the worst weapons of any QB in the NFL and an OC who called 7 step drops way too often and almost got him killed, I have been pretty impressed.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
When I hear a ref explain it, it is kind of lame that a TD on the first possession could end it but a FG wouldn't. Why can't the other team just get a possession no matter what?

The whole goal was to eliminate the "cheap 1 first down and a field goal" version.

The Steelers have no business getting the ball now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
I may vomit all week long if Denver wins.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
I will convert to Christianity just to pray to Jesus to come down and tell everyone "enough of this s***."

Wow. You two are going to have a busy week.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
No way they win next week.

The Pats destroyed them at Mile High, I don't see them doing any better in New England.

Like I said at the start of the game, I didn't feel right rooting for therapists.

I have zero issues rooting for the #1 seed to stomp the bejeezus out of this team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
Like I said at the start of the game, I didn't feel right rooting for therapists.

I have zero issues rooting for the #1 seed to stomp the bejeezus out of this team.

Roethlisberger's lack of mobility killed them. He had no chance against the pass rush on that last drive. Had they gotten maybe 5-7 more yards (from the 45), Suisham could have had a 55 yard field goal. With how Mile High plays, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard of a FG to make.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
The Steelers have no business getting the ball now.

Why not? If the Steelers won the kickoff and scored you'd say Denver would have no business getting the ball. Style points have never mattered in the NFL because it's decided on the field. It's a crappy rule and you're 100% wrong.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Why not? If the Steelers won the kickoff and did the same thing you'd say Denver would have no business getting the ball. Style points have never mattered in the NFL because it's decided on the field. It's a crappy rule and you're 100% wrong.

Tackle the damn guy. He went 80 bloody yards.

I think the rule is as good as it can be. Better htan the artificial college starting points, and if this game started on a touchback, the Broncos could have gone 35 yards and kicked a FG to win.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
Do you want to see Manning without Wayne, Saturday, Garcon, and Mathis? Is that a path to a Super Bowl caliber team?

I really believe that Manning makes the players around him that much better. Look at the team this year and tell me different.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
Jesus will always beat a rapist!! :-)

The best thing about Pitt losing, is that we don't have to hear from Joe Cowley

Big Ben shouldve became a priest if he wanted Jesus on his side.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
I really believe that Manning makes the players around him that much better. Look at the team this year and tell me different.

But he still needs some level of talent to make that happen. You can see that in how he hasn't pulled off the kind of scoring he did with Wayne/Harrison once Harrison retired. Addai/Collie/Clark isn't going to cut it, especially if he only has a portion of an offseason to work with some rookie.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)

I think the rule is as good as it can be. Better htan the artificial college starting points, and if this game started on a touchback, the Broncos could have gone 35 yards and kicked a FG to win.

It's not as simple as tackle him. Denver had the ball. Pittsburgh didn't. How is that better than anything?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)

I agree that the rule is good. FG kickers in the NFL have become so money, you only have to go 30 or so yards to get into FG range. As the Bears learned, Prater is good from 60+ at that stadium, the Broncos only needed to get just past the 50 to get in his range. Of course, that point is moot since the Steelers trusted their CBs to not leave the WRs so wide open.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
Well I will give Tebow credit, he made enough plays to win instead of needing random miracles and mistakes from the other team. The Steelers looked really unprepared for this game.

They made a lot of bad mistakes in the first half. Like when their backup center snapped the ball over Roethlisberger's head that cost them a FG at the end of the half.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
Well I will give Tebow credit, he made enough plays to win instead of needing random miracles and mistakes from the other team. The Steelers looked really unprepared for this game.

The injuries hurt them, but I think they were prepared. They ran the exact same gameplan KC did last week. KC's corners were good enough to cover the Broncos receivers, but the Steelers CBs weren't. They kept stuffing 8 or 9 in the box and depending on man coverage. Their corners got burned, especially Ike Taylor. Tebow is better at the deep ball then short passes and he beat them.