Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
The worst part is that jesus actually played well. No magic bulls***, the f***er actually played a good game.

I think it's better that way personally. No matter how he plays, the media will hype it as a Tebow-led victory. I'd rather it be true, then be like the Bears game where he did little to nothing and yet got tons of praise. I'll give the kid credit, the Steelers said we dare you to beat us with your arm, and he did.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
The injuries hurt them, but I think they were prepared. They ran the exact same gameplan KC did last week. KC's corners were good enough to cover the Broncos receivers, but the Steelers CBs weren't. They kept stuffing 8 or 9 in the box and depending on man coverage. Their corners got burned, especially Ike Taylor. Tebow is better at the deep ball then short passes and he beat them.

The Chiefs corners are great...there are not many teams that can play man with these ridiculous rules favoring the passing game...and they did that without their best corner, mind you.

As for the Rivers/Cutler discussion, Rivers gets the nod fairly easily at this stage of their careers, although Cutler did get the best of him this year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
The worst part is that jesus actually played well. No magic bulls***, the f***er actually played a good game.

The 10/21 on its own really isn't all that great, there were a number of short passes that should have been completed. His numbers are decent, but they're really dominated by 1 80-yard sprint. He played a fair game, but if he'd been able to hit what should have been fairly easy passes, the broncos could have won by 20.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 08:53 AM)
The 10/21 on its own really isn't all that great, there were a number of short passes that should have been completed. His numbers are decent, but they're really dominated by 1 80-yard sprint. He played a fair game, but if he'd been able to hit what should have been fairly easy passes, the broncos could have won by 20.

Oh come on now...that's a bit harsh...Tom Brady he is not, but he played a hell of a game yesterday.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
Oh come on now...that's a bit harsh...Tom Brady he is not, but he played a hell of a game yesterday.

If you add some sort of qualifier..."He played a hell of a game given that he's a first year starter" or "He played a hell of a game given his skill level" or "He played a hell of a game compared to what he did the last few weeks", I'll agree.

He didn't play a hell of a game compared to say, Jay Cutler this season. He did play a hell of a game compared to say, Andy Dalton the day beforehand.

Drew Brees...now that was a Hell of a game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)
If you add some sort of qualifier..."He played a hell of a game given that he's a first year starter" or "He played a hell of a game given his skill level" or "He played a hell of a game compared to what he did the last few weeks", I'll agree.

He didn't play a hell of a game compared to say, Jay Cutler this season. He did play a hell of a game compared to say, Andy Dalton the day beforehand.

Drew Brees...now that was a Hell of a game.

I suppose you're correct...for a guy that isn't a particularly skilled passer, he played a hell of a game. He completed 5 passes for 35 yards or greater, I believe.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)
leahysean Sean Leahy

Tim Tebow didn't have a 300-yard passing game all season, until the first game of the playoffs against the No. 1-ranked Steelers defense.

The Steelers averaged 171.9 passing yards against per game. Tebow threw for 185 in the 2nd quarter. Way to go Ike Taylor.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 05:44 AM)
I think it's better that way personally. No matter how he plays, the media will hype it as a Tebow-led victory. I'd rather it be true, then be like the Bears game where he did little to nothing and yet got tons of praise. I'll give the kid credit, the Steelers said we dare you to beat us with your arm, and he did.

He whooped the Bears butt in the 4th quarter. Yes, it was due to the prevent and while they shouldn't have won (Marion Barber says hello), he was pretty money from middle to late 3rd quarter on.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
He whooped the Bears butt in the 4th quarter. Yes, it was due to the prevent and while they shouldn't have won (Marion Barber says hello), he was pretty money from middle to late 3rd quarter on.

He definitely made some plays at the end of that game, none as big or as good as yesterday. It took him 58 minutes to get on the scoreboard. Plus, in that game there were so many other factors that contributed to the Broncos victory. Barber's mental f***-up, his fumble, Prater's super long clutch field goals, Hanie's inability to throw a football which limited the Bears offense.

Yesterday, all those things went against the Broncos, and yet Tebow threw for 300+ to help them prevail. Their defense blew a 14 point lead to a team that struggles to score on the road, McGahee had that costly fumble, the awful whistle on the Steelers lateral.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Let's not get carried away with saying he's top 5.

In no order

Brees,Brady,Rivers,Eli,Romo,Rodgers,Ryan,Schaub,Big Ben.

That is 9 right there and that doesnt include if Peyton comes back.

Romo and Ryan are not better than Cutler, would love to see how they do with what Cutler has to work with.

Dude....316 yards and a avg. pass per completion of 31.6.

Coincidentally, it is the same as his favorite scripture and what he writes in the eye paint of 3:16.

And yes, I'm just posting this because I think it is phenomenal at the odds of this happening at this point in time for the guy.

I'm done hating. These long pass plays don't happen if teams didn't have to focus on their running game. Pittsburgh played like dog s*** and if I lost to this broncos team I would resign...but Tebow will be an NFL qb. Maybe not always a starter, but he will be the most obnoxious backup in the history of the game.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
I think the Falcons need to work on those 4th and 1 in the off season.

Maybe they should line up their "power" running back in the backfield to make the defense think about the possibilty of a handoff, instead of making it so obvious that the sneak is coming.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
He's Dennis Rodman. You hate him unless he's on your team, and even thwen you might not like him. He would be better liked if he had a posse, drank more, and perhaps shot someone.

You put this on Facebook in the morning. Not only am I calling BS on this...but I'm goign to ask in reply, where would his career be if he thanked Allah after winning a game at Florida? I'd say 5th round pick, practice squad somewhere.

The only reason he ever got a chance to start is because his fanbase loves him, not because of football, but because of religion.