Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
Wow, way to be a Sally. Call someone out and than back down.

I would take the bet except I'm not on the "I know for sure the Saints will beat the 49ers" side, I think the Saints will win but not counting out the 49ers, hell, I was sure the Steelers would beat the Denver Tebows.

My picks this weekend...Baltimore, New England, New Orleans and New York.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take the bet except I'm not on the "I know for sure the Saints will be the 49ers" side, I think the Saints will win but not counting out the 49ers, hell, I was sure the Steelers would beat the Denver Tebows.

My picks this weekend...Baltimore, New England, New Orleans and New York.

My picks for this weekend: Ravens, Pats, 49ers and Packers. Although, I hope NY wins so the Niners can get home field advantage

NO has put up 40+ in 4 of its last 6 and have won 8 in a row. They're the best offense in the league right now. San Fran's strength is a good D and a running game. If they get down early, like the will, it's gonna be a looooooong game.

30-13 N.O.

those games were at home.. How did the mighty Saints get beat by the Rams and Bucs?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
My picks for this weekend: Ravens, Pats, 49ers and Packers. Although, I hope NY wins so the Niners can get home field advantage

I wouldn't mind a NY/SF NFC champ game...means the Pack are out :cheers ;)

Whoa, as the only other 49er fan on the board, how did I miss all of this?

I'm nervous, but I like SOXOBAMA's confidence. I tend to think this is that classic playoff game where the "unstopable offense" sure enough gets beat. It happens almost every year in the playoffs.....

My biggest stat, NO never winning on the road.......don't think that will come to an end this Saturday

I hope the Niners and Packers win cause I will get a chance to go up to GB and see a great game.....

Whoa, as the only other 49er fan on the board, how did I miss all of this?

I'm nervous, but I like SOXOBAMA's confidence. I tend to think this is that classic playoff game where the "unstopable offense" sure enough gets beat. It happens almost every year in the playoffs.....

My biggest stat, NO never winning on the road.......don't think that will come to an end this Saturday

I hope the Niners and Packers win cause I will get a chance to go up to GB and see a great game.....

I will be at the game this weekend :-)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
NO has put up 40+ in 4 of its last 6 and have won 8 in a row. They're the best offense in the league right now. San Fran's strength is a good D and a running game. If they get down early, like the will, it's gonna be a looooooong game.

30-13 N.O.

I agree with this...

On the flip side, if SF can run the ball and keep Brees on the sidelines, they have a good shot.

I'm taking NO because they are the hottest team right now and they've been there before and frankly you gotta take Brees over Alex Smith if it comes down to that.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
I will be at the game this weekend :-)

That is going to be a great game to be at, the place is going to be crazy considering the playoff drought over the years.

Hey, not sure if you already know about this, but check out this site www.49erswebzone.com

Great stuff! Reminds me a lot of this board.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
those games were at home.. How did the mighty Saints get beat by the Rams and Bucs?

The same way the 49ers lost to the Cowboys and Cardinals, the Packers lost to KC and the Pats lost to the Bills. s*** happens in a 16 game season in the NFL.

That is going to be a great game to be at, the place is going to be crazy considering the playoff drought over the years.

Hey, not sure if you already know about this, but check out this site www.49erswebzone.com

Great stuff! Reminds me a lot of this board.

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/index.php

The same way the 49ers lost to the Cowboys and Cardinals, the Packers lost to KC and the Pats lost to the Bills. s*** happens in a 16 game season in the NFL.

We should have never lost those 2 games.. If we won those, I believe we would be the #1 seed right now.

Cowboys and Cards are much better teams than Rams/Bucs

I agree with this...

On the flip side, if SF can run the ball and keep Brees on the sidelines, they have a good shot.

I'm taking NO because they are the hottest team right now and they've been there before and frankly you gotta take Brees over Alex Smith if it comes down to that.

Actually its Brees vs SF D. We will see who comes out ahead.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
We should have never lost those 2 games.. If we won those, I believe we would be the #1 seed right now.

Cowboys and Cards are much better teams than Rams/Bucs

And those losses essentially come down to 2 specific defensive lapses...........that close to being 15-1

I have been a huge fan of SF and what they have done this year, and I would like them against most other teams in the NFL. However, the problem will come if the Saints manage to build a 2 TD lead at any point in the game, which they are quite capable of, the Niners will be in real trouble no matter how early it happens.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
I have been a huge fan of SF and what they have done this year, and I would like them against most other teams in the NFL. However, the problem will come if the Saints manage to build a 2 TD lead at any point in the game, which they are quite capable of, the Niners will be in real trouble no matter how early it happens.

I think that's fairly obvious.......however I think the idea would be that with their defense, they won't end up in that position. On the flip side, with the 49ers D, if they Saints get down 2 TD's they might be screwed.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
I think that's fairly obvious.......however I think the idea would be that with their defense, they won't end up in that position. On the flip side, with the 49ers D, if they Saints get down 2 TD's they might be screwed.

I think the Saints are capable of putting any team in that situation, regardless of how good their defense is. And there is no way even down 2 TDs that their offense could be counted out, against any defense.

The Saints out-gained the 2nd most prolific offense in the NFL by over 600 yards, averaged near 470 yards per game and were never held under 20 points.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Still waiting on Steve for that bet.. You wanted to make a bet but is afraid to put something on the line.

Sorry, got called away on a meeting.

I will agree to this. You are f***ing on, son.

I think the Saints are capable of putting any team in that situation, regardless of how good their defense is. And there is no way even down 2 TDs that their offense could be counted out, against any defense.

The Saints out-gained the 2nd most prolific offense in the NFL by over 600 yards, averaged near 470 yards per game and were never held under 20 points.

they never faced a great D this season.

Sorry, got called away on a meeting.

I will agree to this. You are f***ing on, son.

Cool.

I will put up a Saints pic if the 49ers lose and you will put up a Lebron pic if you lose

Edited by SOXOBAMA