Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Well, would they have been better this year with Greg Olsen?

No, not really. Marginally, maybe. And I wish everyone would just get over him, Olsen is an average one-dimensional TE that won't be that hard to replace.

a. Davis's blocking both in passing and running was better

b. Davis and Olsen both had 5 TDs, in half as many yards and 1/3 the number of receptions

c. It's pretty easy to replace 540 yards of offense with an actual receiver. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Except on the Bears where they think Roy Williams is going to get 70-80 catches and start him.

Edited by lostfan

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
The eventual acquisition of Roy Williams reminds me too much of Muhsin Muhammed but with a bad attitude.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
They're both overpaid, past their prime, possession receivers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Williams is 29? That's past his prime?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
I don't know if Williams is past his prime or not. He went to a place where he wasn't the #1 option and at times was more the #3 option. With that he got lackadasical and his play and statistics suffered. In Chicago, it will be a completely different scenario. He will be the #1 wide-out, although Knox/Hester/Bennett will still get a lot of playing time, but Williams is the only one with his size/stature. Williams isn't old or out of his prime.

I really think the big reason his play/stats suffered had to do with him being soft mentally and not getting the love in big D. I don't think that will be the case in Chicago cause there is just no way the Bears offense isn't heavily built around him. Plus, he should be able to adjust relatively quickly and learn the system soon, which will be great.

I really like this move, but I've always liked Roy. And I have always felt the Bears needed a guy with this type of talent a top our wide receiving corps.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Wiliams will probably have about 50-60 catches. 800 yards and about 5-7 TD.

Anything more than that and I would be shocked.

Just re-stating my disdain for Williams.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
No, not really. Marginally, maybe. And I wish everyone would just get over him, Olsen is an average one-dimensional TE that won't be that hard to replace.

a. Davis's blocking both in passing and running was better

b. Davis and Olsen both had 5 TDs, in half as many yards and 1/3 the number of receptions

c. It's pretty easy to replace 540 yards of offense with an actual receiver. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Except on the Bears where they think Roy Williams is going to get 70-80 catches and start him.

Well, Olsen had a better year in his last non-Martz campaign.

Regardless, tight ends are a major piece in current passing schemes--not icing on the cake.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
What a joke of a roughing the passer penalty. The officiating this game has been atrocious favoring Green Bay. Fortunately it doesnt appear the refs will be able to do enough to blow this game for the Giants.

Yup.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
I know the Giants season numbers aren't there, but the only team out of the remaining 4 that you'd say "This team is big on offense and weak on defense" is the Packers. The rest of those teams have lost.

Id put New England in that category as well

You guys been telling me for a week, how that Saints and Packers were the better teams over my 49ers and the Giants..

I've been saying that the Giants and 49ers are the two teams of the NFC future.

Will be an amazing game next sunday.. I will be at the game..

Defense WINS championships!!!! Go 49ers

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
The refs did everything they could to get Green Bay a win today.

yeah they did.

Now that I read it again, I think he meant how the NBA wants their Finals to have the biggest players in it. The NFL doesnt care who is in the Super Bowl because it will be a ratings winner regardless.

Casual fans will watch a Super Bowl if it had a Jacksonville or Buffalo. Casual basketball fans wouldnt bother watching a series involving a team like the Bucks or Timberwolves.