Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
Brady sounded pretty somber during the AFC trophy presentation. He knows he didn't play well today. "I sucked pretty bad today." he said.

Sounds like he feels he dodged a bullet. If they go on to win the Super Bowl, it won't matter. But still, questionable decisions by Tom-Terrific today.

Wasn't Brady hurting earlier in the week?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 05:31 PM)
Brady sounded pretty somber during the AFC trophy presentation. He knows he didn't play well today. "I sucked pretty bad today." he said.

Sounds like he feels he dodged a bullet. If they go on to win the Super Bowl, it won't matter. But still, questionable decisions by Tom-Terrific today.

Brady knows they had no business winning that game...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
As Bears fans, it bothers us that our D has been wasted on inept offense, imagine how Ravens fans must feel.

That D has been superb for better part of this decade with not much to show for.

Granted, they have a s***load more playoff appearances than the Bears do, but you are correct. When Ray Lewis retires, he's just gonna think about how with a decent QB, he wins at least one or two more titles.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
As Bears fans, it bothers us that our D has been wasted on inept offense, imagine how Ravens fans must feel.

That D has been superb for better part of this decade with not much to show for.

Also as a Bears fan, I can't help but feel that we would be in this NFC Championship game if Cutler was healthy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
I think he's had a "left shoulder injury" for the last month or two

HE actually did miss a practice this week, so I'd believe that something was really bothering him.

Of course if Brady is actually hurt and you're QB sneaking with him twice, that is sorta suicidal.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Also as a Bears fan, I can't help but feel that we would be in this NFC Championship game if Cutler was healthy.

I don't know about that, no doubt we would've made the playoffs but I don't think we would've beaten NO, NY or GB.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)
I don't know about that, no doubt we would've made the playoffs but I don't think we would've beaten NO, NY or GB.

Obviously it's impossible to know, but they were playing about as good as any other team in the league.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)

I like to think that, but I'm not sure. Because the Packers locked up the division, the Bears had two potential opponents as the wild card:

1. Saints: Unbeatable at the Superdome this year

2: Giants: Not the best home team, but the hottest team in the league

Then a game at GB or SF, would have been tough

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)

The way the Bears were playing, they could have stood toe to toe with any of these teams. Whether they would have beaten them I don't know.

But I would have put a lot of money on the Bears beating the Packers in week 16. That was just going to happen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 05:48 PM)
I like to think that, but I'm not sure. Because the Packers locked up the division, the Bears had two potential opponents as the wild card:

1. Saints: Unbeatable at the Superdome this year

2: Giants: Not the best home team, but the hottest team in the league

Then a game at GB or SF, would have been tough

This

I agree with SoxFan1, Bears were playing as well as any team in the NFL prior to Cutler getting hurt but that scenario you lay out in your post is spot on, it would be tough to go to those places and beat the home team.Not impossible but not likely...